Question

Shared Mailboxes in Karbon

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Has anyone implemented shared mailboxes in Karbon, even in a partial way?

I know this is likely to be a new feature in a future release of Karbon but shared mailboxes are such an important part of our business processes that I really need to try and do something to include communications to and from shared mailboxes in our Karbon workflows now.

So, for example I have created a Karbon account for one of our shared mailboxes, but when it is specified as the email address in the “From: Other Colleague” section of the sending settings of the client task the email appears to come from the assignee not the shared mailbox. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Ian Jack, check out this thread:

Email Aliases and client logins for bookkeeping | Karbon Community (karbonhq.com)

I will check on my side, but I think I was able to have Karbon set the default send from email address to the shared mailbox for my admin staff. I’ll do a little more digging and let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I did some testing, and it looks like the send-from is a default selection that you can have Karbon set.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@max Max thank you. The problem is that the “send from” must be an email address that has registered with Karbon. It is not possible to logon to Office 365 with a shared mailbox, so it is then not possible to logon to Karbon either. If the email address is not registered on Karbon (in this case the shared mailbox) then it cannot be set as the “send from” email address. In this situation Karbon sends the email from the assignee instead, so the email address that the client sees and consequently the email address they reply to is an individual colleague, not the shared mailbox. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Ian Jack, please forgive my delayed response.

What you can do is have Karbon set up your shared mailbox as an alias address for one of your users. It does not need to be an email that’s logged into Karbon. You tell Karbon support that you have a shared mailbox or an alias, and they will set that as one of your send-from addresses. You can also tell them which email address should be your default send-from address.

All of this is a bit of work, so there’s good news.

Karbon is developing a shared inbox Triage feature, so what you are trying to do will become part of the default Karbon experience. I think it’s slated to be ready for release by the end of the year.

I don’t know if that helps or not, lol.

Userlevel 2

Is there any update on when Shared Mail Boxes will be available? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all! If you haven’t already, please come along to our product roadmap preview next week for an update on Shared Triage. 

https://karbonhq.com/resources/karbon-product-roadmap-q2-2023/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi all! If you haven’t already, please come along to our product roadmap preview next week for an update on Shared Triage. 

https://karbonhq.com/resources/karbon-product-roadmap-q2-2023/

Dying for this...