Question

Phone call log

• 1 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there any way to record and mark it as a phone call agains the clients timeline?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

we don’t records our calls, but our managing partner will write notes on his ipad when either on a zoom call or when visiting clients, and then downloads this and emails in to attach to the timeline.

We also record our training sessions and save this on our server - we then add a link to this on karbon for our ‘internal’ contact.

Our answerphone takes messages and emails in a short message, and we do save this to our timeline for the client contacts - it may be possible for you to do something similar?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I usually add a Note to the client or work timeline and call it Phone Call and the date

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Alice!

Welcome to the Karbon community. Here’s how we handle phone calls (we have a policy to log ALL calls). I don’t know if you’ve ever received a call from a client who is returning a call from the office, but it’s impossible to tell who called out so you have to send a company-wide message asking who needs to talk to so-and-so. Having all calls (inbound and outbound) logged makes this process much quicker for the client and much less disruptive for the staff.

The note is assigned to the appropriate person for follow-up or to return the call.

One cool thing you can do is add a “tel:” link like I have here. If you use a softphone, with a few settings adjustments, you can get a clickable link in Karbon that opens the telephone number in your softphone:

Our voicemails come through as emails, so they are tagged and delegated within Karbon.

We really like this system because it gives a great overall picture of the communication that has taken place with the client over time.