Skip to main content

I'm managing a client in the USA who owns multiple entities, each with several properties. The main entity, an LLC, files a 1065 tax return, and each property under these entities requires a separate filing (Form 8825). I've set up the work in Karbon for each property individually.

I currently have a Client group in Karbon with all 66 properties listed as organizations. However, I'm struggling to easily identify which properties are associated with which LLC.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to best organize and track these work items in Karbon? I want to ensure clear visibility of the properties associated with each entity and manage the workflow efficiently.

Hi @Duvi Vogel, we do not use Karbon to organize properties within an LLC. Instead, we use tools outside of Karbon for that (QuickBooks, spreadsheets, etc.). In Karbon, we make a client group called ‘€client_name] Companies’ and attach all the LLCs, people, etc. to that group. There’s a place in the Details page for organizations to signify their ownership, however I don’t believe that information is available in any reporting. We then set up work under the LLC organization contact that lists out all the properties and the work that’s associated with them.