Solved

My Week vs To Do - which do you use when?

• 7 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m finding our team has not adopted the My Week feature at all, and likely because we haven’t done a great job rolling it out. We just got everyone used to the “To Do” list 6 months ago so a couple of questions:

1. How have you transitioned your firm to using My Week instead of To-Do, or do you use both? If both, what scenarios do use each one for?
  2. Are there resources that explain when to use To-Do vs My Week? 

Thanks in advance.

@Eshah17 FYI

icon

Best answer by Victoria Peters 7 January 2022, 17:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @amlbmo 

I am facing the same struggle with my team, on top of that they have created Dashboards which mirror much of the current functionality that we see in My Week.  Dang independent thinkers….

I am easing into this from multiple fronts. 

• The ability to assign emails to My Week (especially ones with multiple recipients) has been a feature that is popular on my team so we start there.
  • The visibility of tasks and who they are assigned to with one click AND being able to check off tasks from there is my current - ‘isn’t this awesome’ campaign
  • The Drag & Drop features particularly in “Working on Now” is something that cannot be done in To-do
  • We utilized Loom/Slack so I will add Tip & Tricks for My Week in there to hype it up some.
  • I have also given them room to take baby steps if they are not ready to jump all in - even though I am all in.

I may or may not be using a bit of a scare tactic as well.  As the functionality grows they will be left behind or having to do a lot of clean up to catch up.

Karbon have produced a few articles that may help, use the search function but this will take you to one talking about jumping in.

My Week Collection of Articles

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Victoria Peters :joy: 

Dang independent thinkers….

Love this conversation! This is also a current struggle for our team. There is some functionality in the To-Dos that is still lacking in My Week (ability to sort tasks by client, assign tasks to specific days, etc.) … although I believe some of that is in development. I have some colleagues panicking a little bit about To-Dos going away. 

@Victoria Peters Thanks for sharing your ways of ‘easing’ the team into My Week. Definitely going to use some of those tactics … and if necessary resort to some scare tactics as well. :wink:

sodium salt sodium dichloroacetate

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @amlbmo 

I am facing the same struggle with my team, on top of that they have created Dashboards which mirror much of the current functionality that we see in My Week.  Dang independent thinkers….

• The ability to assign emails to My Week (especially ones with multiple recipients) has been a feature that is popular on my team so we start there.
  • The visibility of tasks and who they are assigned to with one click AND being able to check off tasks from there is my current - ‘isn’t this awesome’ campaign
  • The Drag & Drop features particularly in “Working on Now” is something that cannot be done in To-do
  • We utilized Loom/Slack so I will add Tip & Tricks for My Week in there to hype it up some.
  • I have also given them room to take baby steps if they are not ready to jump all in - even though I am all in.

I may or may not be using a bit of a scare tactic as well.  As the functionality grows they will be left behind or having to do a lot of clean up to catch up.

Karbon have produced a few articles that may help, use the search function but this will take you to one talking about jumping in.

Thanks @Victoria Peters , that’s all very helpful. 

Point #1 above is an “ah ha” moment for me. Does this mean if there are multiple recipients, and two team members need to respond, they can each add to their “My Week”? That’s awesome as this is definitely a drawback of “To Do”, which only allows assigning an email to ONE person.

Point #2 - would you mind expanding on this a bit? is that visibility within the “My Week” section or somewhere else?

p.s. I’ve read many of your other comments here which have really benefited the community - thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @amlbmo 

Thanks @Victoria Peters , that’s all very helpful. 

Point #1 above is an “ah ha” moment for me. Does this mean if there are multiple recipients, and two team members need to respond, they can each add to their “My Week”? That’s awesome as this is definitely a drawback of “To Do”, which only allows assigning an email to ONE person.

Point #2 - would you mind expanding on this a bit? is that visibility within the “My Week” section or somewhere else?

p.s. I’ve read many of your other comments here which have really benefited the community - thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us 👍

Thank you @amlbmo, i am also finding this community very useful.

Point #1 -  Yes, the email can still only be assigned to one person but rather then assigning it to each person anyone who wants to can park it in My Week - the draw back is that you cannot add a due date, so it is a manual process to keep it at the top of the priority “working on now’ bucket.

Point #2 - when you click on a work item in my week you will get a pop up like the one below that shows a summary of the work order, saves you from going to the full work order if all you need is a peek or to click your current task as complete (without any comment). 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @amlbmo 

Thanks @Victoria Peters , that’s all very helpful. 

Thank you @amlbmo, i am also finding this community very useful.

Point #1 -  Yes, the email can still only be assigned to one person but rather then assigning it to each person anyone who wants to can park it in My Week - the draw back is that you cannot add a due date, so it is a manual process to keep it at the top of the priority “working on now’ bucket.

Point #2 - when you click on a work item in my week you will get a pop up like the one below that shows a summary of the work order, saves you from going to the full work order if all you need is a peek or to click your current task as complete (without any comment). 

Awesome, thank you @Victoria Peters 

Badge +1

We don’t have this issue. Personally I feel the to do list was pretty unusable as there are too many micro tasks.

I’ve been waiting for my week for three years as it was exactly what I hoped the to do list to be in the beginning. For me it is very unnatural to put 50 different tasks on your to do list when it all relates to the same job like the Karbon to do. 

My week is absolutely amazing feature and provides much more clarity and focus.

If you or your team are struggling, my personal advice based on experience is to shift everything into the to plan section. Then go through and bring in the relevant tasks you are expecting to work on  this week and next week.

Finally the most time-consuming part of the process will be to review the to plan section as the majority of it should be able to be cleared off. When you finally have everything left that is genuinely  required to be done by yourself or your team members on their own my week, you can plan when you are going to work on it.

So the easiest and quickest way is to simply drag everything into the ‘to plan’ section and then drag back in the relevant tasks for the most current week.

From here it will be far easier to manage on an ongoing basis.