Karbon product roadmap preview: Features and updates coming in Q2 2023 🎉

Userlevel 3

Thanks to all who joined me and our Product Managers for our product roadmap webinars for Q2 2023. It was great to see so many familiar names!

For those who weren’t able to join us live, we presented some exciting updates to Karbon and shared how you can expect you, your team, firm, and clients to benefit.

You can watch the recording to see:

• Karbon AI
  • Shared Triage
  • New integrations
  • Billing and Payments
  • Updates to KPI, Work, and Client Portal

Please feel free to join the beta programs showcased in the presentation. 

Karbon AI Beta

XPM Beta

Billing Beta

And for customers who would like to provide their feedback on Custom Fields for Contacts Report, please fill in this survey link.

We’d love to hear what you think, and any questions or feedback you have. Feel free to share them below.

31 replies

Looking forward to the Slack integration! When is this going to be introduced?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Amelia Freeman At the 19:15 time mark, you (Amelia) are going through the demo of sending client tasks to more than one recipient. The reminder settings box comes up and has a new warning indicating 'some items have not due date - reminders won't be sent for these tasks'.

Would you be able to provide additional information on this please? We rarely use due dates for client tasks AND always need reminders sent. I really would not want to lose that functionality or have to monitor the client request and resend to each individual who has not completed their request.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

A few questions regarding the new QBO Integration for contact synchronization discussed by @StuartK.

• How does the initial synch work, specifically interested to learn if Archived Clients in QBO are synched as this would not be ideal.
  • Stuart indicates Karbon matches on Client name and email. We do not populate QBO with client email addresses, how would this impact the synchronization?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Olivia My firm has been in the Beta testing for the Slack integration and we love it.  It seems to be working well so I hope it is released for everyone soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

All of this looks amazing. Great job, Karbon team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This looks great!.  My team is chomping at the bit for Karbon AI, Email Templates and the ability to send client requests to multiple recipients - Bring It On!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

A few questions regarding the new QBO Integration for contact synchronization discussed by @StuartK.

• How does the initial synch work, specifically interested to learn if Archived Clients in QBO are synched as this would not be ideal.
  • Stuart indicates Karbon matches on Client name and email. We do not populate QBO with client email addresses, how would this impact the synchronization?

The QBOA integration doesn’t sync archived QBOA contacts, but also won’t delete a contact from Karbon if already synced then archived in QBOA.

Lacking an email on the QBOA Contact side won’t cause issues - the matching works in the same way:

• If there is a Karbon Org/Contact with exactly the same name and no email - they’ll be linked
  • If there is a Karbon Org/Contact with exactly the same name and with an email - you’ll get to manually choose to link them
  • If there is no Karbon Org/Contact, the integration will create one.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Looking forward to the Slack integration! When is this going to be introduced?

Hi @Olivia - at this stage somewhere near the end of the quarter. I’ll be adding a few more Karbon users to the beta in the coming weeks - send me a message if you’d like to be part of it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Amelia Freeman At the 19:15 time mark, you (Amelia) are going through the demo of sending client tasks to more than one recipient. The reminder settings box comes up and has a new warning indicating 'some items have not due date - reminders won't be sent for these tasks'.

Would you be able to provide additional information on this please? We rarely use due dates for client tasks AND always need reminders sent. I really would not want to lose that functionality or have to monitor the client request and resend to each individual who has not completed their request.

Hi there. We have updated the wording but this is existing functionality when you select gentle reminders. Gentle reminders are based on due dates. Here is a link to the support content for more information - https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/1524439-overview-of-client-requests#h_1b432c6963

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Amelia Freeman Thank you!, I have never used Gentle Reminders (always specify the time period to repeat) so I was not aware of the difference. This is great to know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • What is the timeline for Billing & Payments availability in Canada?
  • Will clients have access to view all their open invoices and select what to pay?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Lot’s of great updates here, I have been much anticipating many of these!!!!!!!!!  And still am, but glad to see some of my favorites on the forefront (shared triage, sending lists to multiple people, AI is cool, emails within the tasks lists, etc). Wow I can’t wait!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • What is the timeline for Billing & Payments availability in Canada?
  • Will clients have access to view all their open invoices and select what to pay?

Hi @Ashliegh Evelyn

We’re aiming to make credit card payments available to Canadian firms in Q3 (Jul-Sep).

PAD (CA direct debits) will most likely come later.

Once both are available, yes your clients will be able to pay the full amount using either credit card or direct debit, that’ll be their choice. In future we may provide ways to push clients towards direct debits since they are cheaper to process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dave George will any of billing and payments features be released before the CC payments feature is available (e.g. invoicing and QBO sync)? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Dave George will any of billing and payments features be released before the CC payments feature is available (e.g. invoicing and QBO sync)? 

Hi @Rebecca Williams

We will be keeping Billing in beta while payments are not ready.

If you’d like to join the beta program let us know.

Badge

Any plans to add tagging to shared inbox? We’ve been using Zendesk for years. You can tag customer based on their email domain or individual contact. Then with the tags you can create custom views for shared inbox. 

For example customer Xyz is tagged for “David”. Whenever customer sends an email Zendesk automatically adds “David” tag to email. Then David can have a custom view showing emails which has tag David. So he doesn’t have to scroll through all of the emails. Also you don’t have to have a person tagging incoming emails to whom they belong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@pasi_tasanen that sounds like a great feature request! None of the promo/info that has been released has mentioned anything like that, but I can see how it would be useful!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Any plans to add tagging to shared inbox? We’ve been using Zendesk for years. You can tag customer based on their email domain or individual contact. Then with the tags you can create custom views for shared inbox. 

For example customer Xyz is tagged for “David”. Whenever customer sends an email Zendesk automatically adds “David” tag to email. Then David can have a custom view showing emails which has tag David. So he doesn’t have to scroll through all of the emails. Also you don’t have to have a person tagging incoming emails to whom they belong.

Hi @pasi_tasanen 

This isn’t a part of the first version of Shared Triage but a great suggestion for the future. I’d put it as a feature idea in Community!

Userlevel 1

This looks great!.  My team is chomping at the bit for Karbon AI, Email Templates and the ability to send client requests to multiple recipients - Bring It On!

Us too!! Can’t wait to see it

Userlevel 1

Apologies if asked already. What expectation should we have about date for multiple email recipients on client tasks?

I have seen lots of talk about this dating back a couple of years. Its in the roadmap….but roughly when?

Thanks in advance.

@Sara Goepel @StuartK @Amelia Freeman 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Apologies if asked already. What expectation should we have about date for multiple email recipients on client tasks?

I have seen lots of talk about this dating back a couple of years. Its in the roadmap….but roughly when?

Thanks in advance.

@Sara Goepel @StuartK @Amelia Freeman 

Hi Adam 

I can’t give a date but it is in deep in development so it is coming soon! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is Shared Triage still on track for July launch?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Is Shared Triage still on track for July launch?

Hi Ashliegh 

I can’t give a timeline yet but it’s in development. 

@Amelia Freeman are we still on track for Q2 release for multiple email recipients on client tasks? Only 10 days left😬

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Amelia Freeman are we still on track for Q2 release for multiple email recipients on client tasks? Only 10 days left😬

Hi Tawanda 

It won’t be released in the next 10 days but it won’t be long :)