Question

Form to gather new client information

• 20 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Is there a form for gathering information from prospective clients?  Is there a way to do this in Karbon?  I would like to send a form to a client as part of the onboarding process.  What is the best practice for this, specifically when gathering private information such as SS#/EIN#s?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Scott Wadman Greetings. We do use Karbon to collect this information. Generally it is part of our onboarding process which has varying steps depending on the type of work being engaged.

We have customized workflows with Client Tasks to complete items such as collecting certain official documents as well as a new client information questionnaire which they complete via Adobe. The Adobe documents are Web Forms we created and send through Adobe which allows us to collect signatures and IP information from the computer used.

If you look through the Karbon templates you may find a few that you can work with.

@LD7E Thank you for your response.  We have tried using MS Office Forms but find it somewhat limiting.  What version of Adobe are you using for your new client information questionnaire?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Scott Wadman We use Adobe Cloud Services along with Adobe Acrobat DC on the Desktops.

Forms that do not require signature are first created in Word or Excel and saved as Fillable PDF’s. These can then be sent to clients to complete. For example I have a form for clients who have rentals. They can complete the PDF and the upload back into Karbon.

Forms where a signature is required (e.g. Client Questionnaire) Are created initially the same way. Then I upload into my Adobe Cloud Account to create a Web Form template from the file. Once I create this I have a link to it that is provided to clients. They click the link and Adobe walks them through the form online, obtaining the appropriate signatures.

Probably many ways to do this. This is just one that works for us.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Scott Wadman I use Cognito Forms, I add all of the signature forms & questionnaire to cognito then use the link in my template as client requests. It’s really easy to use & has worked out well for us. Cognito will send the form to me in an email after it has been completed, then I just save the email to the project which then adds it into the document section of the work. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I use a form (actually there a couple on a different form sources) that people fill out to book the discovery call and that pipes the information into my app and Karbon so I don’t have to do anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We use a straight Karbon Work Template called Client Onboarding that we have heavily customised with Client Requests. Sensitive details are entered in the Client Comments on the Client Requests. This is as secure as the client’s email inbox I suppose (which is the same for all of their information even that which we don’t request).. 🙂

Thank you all for your input.  We have worked a bit more with the Microsoft Forms.  We figured out a way to add it to an email template.  This email template is included in our onboarding template.  We will see how this works.  Thanks again.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thank you all for your input.  We have worked a bit more with the Microsoft Forms.  We figured out a way to add it to an email template.  This email template is included in our onboarding template.  We will see how this works.  Thanks again.  

Hey @Scott Wadman , any updates on how the new setup is working?  We’re always trying to tweak our process for smooth onboarding.  Thanks!