Question

Excel download

My client has uploaded an excel file to the Karbon storage along with several pdf files.  When I try to download the excel file it changes it to a pdf and won’t open.  How do I fix this?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@leigh is this an issue support would like to handle?

@Cindy Mooney, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

I have never seen that behavior. Is it happening with just one client or with many? Has it worked properly before for you?

It seems to be with all clients.  If they send multiple files the excel will download as a pdf.  If they send the excel alone I can open it then download as an excel file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’ll test this now on my end and see if I’m seeing the same thing.

UPDATE: When I upload a spreadsheet and a PDF, then download it from the work item documents tab, it downloads each document separately, one as PDF and one as MS Excel.

Does your screen look like this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, but I only have 2 options - download or archive.

I also see that your excel file has .xlsx at the end.  The client file I received does not have that.  It shows up with the excel icon but does not have the .xlsx.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You might try connecting to a document storage system in settings. Even if you don’t plan to use it, I think you’ll get the most updated way to handle documents.

Here’s a screenshot:

Otherwise, you could contact support directly, but what you are describing seems like some kind of error. There was Karbon update recently, have you tried doing a hard refresh? It may get you onto the most updated version of Karbon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Cindy Mooney Hi Cindy!  Welcome to the community, Leigh here from Karbon support, if you are still in need of assistance please either go to help and feedback within Karbon>still cant find what you need and we will be happy to assist, or if you prefer an email to support@karbonhq.com will also route you to our Karbon support team who can assist.  

@max Thank you for all of your excellent suggestions for Cindy!  So appreciated!

Leigh

Thank you Max & Leigh.  I will give those suggestions a try.