We want to reduce the stress our staff and clients experience. Specifically, we want to make onboarding new clients easy for the staff to be perfect and a smooth process for the new client.
Our firm uses GoProposal, and I know other firms use Practice Ignition to automate the proposal and engagement letter process. These two companies have integrations with carbon that add the work to Karbon. We like that nothing gets missed, but the work comes over to Karbon with several issues:
- incorrect start dates
- no due dates
- work on the wrong sub-entities
- no fee information
After a proposal is signed, we spend between 30 minutes and two hours, cleaning up the work. - Max
Here is our struggle and my wish list!
- 1 Group creation
- 6 organizations need to be created
- 2 people contacts need to be created
- 1 onboarding work item to the group
- 10 annual work items for the tax returns to the organizations and they need to be set to recurring annually
- 1 bookkeeping work item to one organization then set to repeat monthly
- 1 monthly accounting work item to one organization then sent to repeat monthly
- 5 tax planning work items to one organization - each of these is set to repeat annually due to the weird IRS quarterly dates, and the need for one annual Year End planning.
Ignition creates a ton more work for us with the direct integration because you can only push work to one client, then manually fix in Karbon.
😵 So many clicks to do this manually.
Not all of this may be possible, but we will try to:
- Add new work items to the correct new or existing entities
- Include all relevant information (Start and due dates, recurrence, template, fee settings, assignee, etc.)
- Push new data to Karbon
- Zero Karbon-side cleanup after onboarding complete
[If you want to contribute, drop a note in the comments.]