Question

Checklist communication with client after it closes

• 24 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Is there any way to stop the client task list Karbon portal from closing until the whole work item is complete?

We often have a long turnaround time for the work we do, so the client task list is completed and we might get to the work itself 2 months later.

We have found when we have asked questions or requested further information on a particular item as comments within the checklist, and the client gets a notification, but the checklist is closed.

Other than sending the whole checklist again, is there a way to stop the checklist from closing until the whole work item is marked as complete?

thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This could be a good feature request!

We send checklists to our clients (particularly for tax return work where info comes in that is staggered).

We’ve changed the set up so that clients can always access the info until the job is completed. Unfortunately we do still have a full list of info including details of what has been sent. But as they’ve crossed off what they’ve already sent, it’s not too difficult to see what is still outstanding.

For some jobs that we have, there is a reference to set up another job - an example of such is payroll where the processes are set up, but if the client indicates that there is a new starter, our task says:

create a new starter job and send to client

This means that we can request standard information in a bespoke way for the client for additional information. The other thing I’ve done whilst in a job is to create a new section and drop in a client task as and when required. One of my team members did this recently for something that she was always asking for and we’ve now pulled it back to set it as a template.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I'd like further narrow into your question before responding so I can better understand. For your specific client task workflow you explained, which of the following applies:

A) Document request lists

B) Question inquiry to your client requesting answer

C) Both

If option C, it sounded like the root of the question involved Q&A with client through comments, correct?