Solved

Canceling Client Tasks or Client Task Section

• 12 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Our firm has standard Client Task Sections in many of our templates, we customize based off of the type of client and information we may need from the client before sending client tasks out.  There are times where we receive the information through a different method than the client tasks or find out we no longer need the information that we were asking for, but we still have tasks (information) we still need from the client. 

I know you can always complete a task or delete the client tasks section, but has anyone found a work around for “Canceling” the task or the client task section, some way to leave the Client Task Section as it was when it was originally sent?   

We love the way Karbon helps you have an audit trail of who and what other team members have done and would prefer to see those things through cancelled, rather than complete or deleted. 

Currently we are marking the task complete and marking an Internal or External comment that the task no longer applies. 

icon

Best answer by Kirk Jeske 13 October 2021, 07:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Lisa,

Great question. Our firm also uses standard client tasks in many workflows, that may not be appropriate for all customers. I prefer not to delete the client tasks from the work item as that task may be useful in future repeating work. 

Currently, I’m not aware of any client task status other than “Not Sent Yet”, “Sent”, and “Complete”. 

You already identified the work-around I use, which is marking the task complete and adding a comment (internal or external) that the task is NA (Not applicable). I find it quick and effective for my team. 

Kirk

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks, Kirk! That’s what we do as well. Check off and comment, then generate the tasks early for the next period and delete the item so that it doesn’t recure.

Lisa, if Kirk has given the best answer, will you mark his answer as the correct one? Helps keep things organized in the community.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, that's what we do as well.  I prefer not to delete a section because it will impact the recurring work.