Audio Notes in Karbon

• 8 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Busy medical professionals often dictate audio notes when they don't have time to complete their medical charting right away. I feel in the workflows of many busy CPAs and accountants- the same could apply.

For me, I find myself going from one client appointment to the next and trying to provide recap or next steps to my team members. In these cases, I will text message an audio recording to the team members cell phone. It would be great if I could record an audio note inside Karbon for efficiency (instead of waiting til I'm at my desk to type it out). This would keep everything in one-place, which is what makes Karbon world class.

This would be huge for me, so I'm putting it out into Community to see if it catches fire 🔥 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you’re interested in doing a bit of legwork, there is a way you could accomplish this.

We have set up alias emails for each of our clients similar to this: client_legal_name@supergreataccointing.com

We use these email aliases when signing up for client portals in our bookkeeping department. We attach the email to the client so whenever one of the client’s  vendors posts a bill, sends a statement, or sends other communication, it gets posted to the right client automatically.

Additionally, these emails are sent to a distribution list so our bookkeeping team gets them right away and can take action appropriately.

You could do something similar and email your audio messages to your client’s email alias thus updating your team and posting it to the proper client.

Would that help while we wait for the Karbon team to keep doing their amazing job?