News, KPI, My Week, Search, Calendar, Time & Budgets

Updates to My Week, Time and Budgets and more!

Related products: My Week Time & Budgets Practice Intelligence

Karbon Practice Intelligence PowerBI workbook

Within Practice Intelligence, a new workbook has been added to allow you to analyze email activity and performance. The new email workbook will give you the ability to understand the volume and response of emails sent to and from clients. You can explore detailed information by using filters like date, contact, or client manager and navigate to each conversation directly in Karbon to action if required.

b_NTB9gM7MeQ_rZOCnHuORefl4SQwSYREJ69zLhg2HGw2AhjqfEjWjXoBhXKULeUH3A0vo5ULD0RwhGsJLJBUL-AMWMe8gH2oOIZ8wE-UyNVSqoL3b6Usp5UjdSToZq_d2vypYkf6_r7LvLRknBo8Q

My Week 

In-page search 

You can now find information quickly with in-page search in My Week. The search will return results for notes, emails, and work items. The first 100 items will be displayed, and you can scroll through to find more items using the arrow keys.

cKAYBtRhYInP9cIBEBGl5ZvTKjA-UqTSz9QCvn8F5vVaCdeKT3YUDEou6Ri1riaZczXbNPHuKj1M1j1cMvviuH9UT81pffKi8RmKTx2n1QW6hEIXEnVlnFh0yLpoLAaH_5QYkGUXDjnS5FtSGBE4xQ

Calendar collapse and expand

By default, the calendar in My Week displays an expanded view. You can now collapse the panel to provide more space to display your work items. To collapse, click on the cross in the top right-hand corner of the calendar. When you want to expand the calendar, click on the calendar button in the same place.

Work

Find information quickly with overlays

Similar to My Week, when selecting a work item in Work, an overlay will give you an at-a-glance view of the high-level information. In the overlay, you can mark tasks off quickly or click ‘View the full work item’ to go directly to the entire work item view. 

To bypass the overlay and navigate directly to the work item, simply right-click on the relevant work item. 

FwkOjJb0ABeMItLoMoi_xP0umcPUYICt4lGSAKpzPkTaiihQvN8iGzvT-J7GI3pztQdeQ7rdAyrW7hGWJehl77Gez2FqzxQMnJjF7qlaucZ5K__3wEdKJmOdcGBDAnLOX96Q1OjTEZ97g8ChAQlCEQ

Duplicate a section in Tasks

To save you time and effort, we have added an extra option in the navigation menu in tasks, so you can quickly duplicate a section. This gives you error-free and easy access to edit information rather than retyping. 

Compose emails in context with Triage

Previously, when clicking on an embedded email address within an email, you were redirected to your email provider outside of Karbon. Now, Karbon will automatically open a new email modal, so you can stay in context with your workflow.

Time & Budgets

Never miss a time entry again

Charge clients accurately for work performed for time entries. You can now make Task Type and Role fields mandatory for time entries. When a new time entry is created, users won’t be able to save until these fields are populated. You can turn this on in Settings.

That is great. All the updates are welcomed and most of them are useful updates.

As to time entries, I would suggest to automatically populate the task type and role inherited directly from the task setup in a work. That will save time and more importantly, make the time entry more accurate without manual choosing.

Mike

This is a great release.  So many useful features.  I am very excited about the search feature and the work overlays.  That will really save me some time.  I can’t wait to try the duplicate task feature.  That will be useful when needing to send a client request to multiple emails.  I am looking forward to the multi-send feature being added to the client portal.

Good Job Karbon!😃

Awesome!! These are great updates.

The last updates have been so helpful. I love the calendar in My Week and love My Week in general. Thanks for the continuous improvements!!

Search in My Week is such a handy feature upgrade. 😀 Thanks Karbon team for continuing to make it easier to manage my workflow! 👏🏻😎

@evanrnhall The search feature is really great, but it seems to look through each page one at a time. I searched for a work item that I knew was there, but I had to scroll through 7 pages of no results before it showed up. It’s illogical to scroll through pages when looking at search results, unless there are a large number of results so it took me awhile to work out why it didn’t show up.

Page 6/7 of results - no matching items
Page 7/7 - result finally shows

Is this a feature or a bug (so should I add a feature request or message support)?

@evanrnhall The search feature is really great, but it seems to look through each page one at a time. I searched for a work item that I knew was there, but I had to scroll through 7 pages of no results before it showed up. It’s illogical to scroll through pages when looking at search results, unless there are a large number of results so it took me awhile to work out why it didn’t show up.

Page 6/7 of results - no matching items
Page 7/7 - result finally shows

Is this a feature or a bug (so should I add a feature request or message support)?

Thanks @Rebecca Williams !

It is working as intended, not a bug. You’re welcome to submit a feature request, but the longer term “answer” is if you have more than 100 items in any given bucket within My Week there’s probably a broader discussion to be had. 

In MOST (not all) cases it implies some tidying up is likely needed to reduce the number of items. I’d love to explore your use case though - would you mind emailing me a loom or something with the more specific scenario?

@evanrnhall this particular one with 700 items is our “Placeholder” account for when we don’t have someone to assign to or used for training purposes!

I’ll add a feature request - I could see this being an issue when searching the Done bucket (mine’s at 1,000 and I don’t even HAVE clients!), but also when first using My Week and needing to do that initial clean up of To Plan.

On the work overlay, what does it mean by right clicking to bypass this feature? Right clicking to open it as a new tab? We would love if there was a universal way to turn off this feature as for our firm it only seems to be slowing us down with extra clicks to get to the work. 

On the work overlay, what does it mean by right clicking to bypass this feature? Right clicking to open it as a new tab? We would love if there was a universal way to turn off this feature as for our firm it only seems to be slowing us down with extra clicks to get to the work. 

Hi @Mel Ford - if you right click the link to a work item you should have a little navigation menu pop up (this is from your browser, not Karbon). One option is to open the link in a new browser tab (this is true for any link in Karbon, and for that matter most links across the internet). By opening the link that way it will take you directly to the work and not show the overlay.

The idea of a universal on/off switch in settings would be best raised as a “feature idea” but, when you do, please also share some context about how your team works. Our product designers are always interested to hear new perspectives. Understanding why the overlay is insufficient for your team (and if it’s true for some or all people on your team) may aid in further refinements that help in ways you’re not expecting!