Blog

Two-way contact sync with QuickBooks Online Accountants

Related products: Integrations

Two-way contact sync with QuickBooks Online Accountants

With a two-way contacts sync, you can quickly and easily keep your Karbon and QuickBooks Online Accountant data centralized and up-to-date. Once connected, when a change is made in Karbon or QuickBooks Online Accountant, it’s automatically sent to the other. 

qhiP6GZd8-lYjWIpJwEP6ecCkwXVXqjeJNyQuRowA2xkPGF5CJ9q8c8MxrWpMV-MvA5WghgWkEmLy09ZloIu9fDARSp0sIHfLVdmCegPzW7HhcMEpFcm3eYaHwHvLgr4QqcAKWnuzyRVpyzLz_DKwA

You can run the data sync manually or automatically, and set it to create new contacts, update existing ones, or link contacts to existing or new companies. 

This feature is available now in your account and takes less than a minute to set up. After logging into Karbon, click on Settings in the left panel, navigate to ‘Connected Apps’, look for the QuickBooks Online Accountant option and select ‘Connect’. Read our support article to learn more.

It’s that simple. You’ll spend less time managing CSV files full of contact data, and more time on what really matters. 

Access Karbon contacts and organization data in SuiteFiles

Bring your Karbon contact and organization data directly into SuiteFiles and auto-populate templates, documents, emails (and more) to use in a variety of ways. 

For example, the next time you onboard a new client, you can create that organization and the contacts in Karbon. Then, via the integration, you can use that data to auto-populate an engagement letter, send it to your new client for signing, and have a secure spot for the new client to share files and collaborate. To take advantage of the integration, read the support article.

Previous releases

If you missed an update, you can still see a list of what we released in Karbon. For API releases, see the Karbon Developer Center.

But what about sending tasks to more than 1 contact? Please address an update on this!!!

Has development stopped on the API? Looks like the latest release was over 6 months ago in August.

Has development stopped on the API? Looks like the latest release was over 6 months ago in August.

Definitely not! We’ve been quietly fixing a few bugs and issues that customers have been raising as well as planning and working on some new APIs and bigger improvements that we’ll be rolling out over the next few months.

But what about sending tasks to more than 1 contact? Please address an update on this!!!

Hi @Jenna Coffinger. We will have an update on sending client request to multiple people in our upcoming webinar in April (details to come very soon). Please come along! 

What about setting up recurring work for semimonthly and monthly schedules? Any update on this?

What about setting up recurring work for semimonthly and monthly schedules? Any update on this?

Hi Gina, what do you mean by monthly schedules? We currently have monthly Repeating Work items.

As for semi-monthly, do you mean twice per month or once every two months? 🙂

Th@SamG 

Semimonthly is twice a month. Once every two months is bimonthly. 

As for monthly schedules, Karbon has limited monthly schedules for repeating work. For example, there’s no option for the last day of the month. Since the last day of the month fluctuates, if we need a date to end on the last day we either have to choose 30th or 30st and edit it depending on the month.

I run a payroll-only business, and it’s too much and too confusing for me to type out here, but the EOM is just one of the issues. Sufficed to say, I have explained it to a couple Karbon staff members and they have confirmed that it can’t be set up that way without more editing on my part than it’s worth. I have to manually set up the work items for my semimonthly payroll clients, which is the majority of them, and it takes longer to do that in Karbon than it does to run the payroll. It’s ineffective and makes me not want to use Karbon for the process. My semimonthly and monthly clients are far less organized in Karbon than my biweekly ones and it’s really frustrating.

Also, I’m not the only one requesting this. There are multiple requests for better repeating work schedules and more flexibility within them for at least a year. I’m wondering when those will be addressed.  

^^ This one just has a lot of really good feedback for Karbon.

Thanks for the detailed reply Gina 🙂

Semi-monthly isn’t a term that’s used in my part of the world and bi-monthly can mean either:

Funnily enough, I feel like semi-monthly should be every two months 😅 e.g. monthly is every month, semi-monthly - half as often as monthly.

Lots of great feature requests there! Hopefully the ones about referencing EOM get some legs and some action (and I do wish I could change start date on repeating work schedule after it’s been setup incorrectly 😅)

We love that the integration has been developed, however we can’t use this until we can select “multiple contact types”. We have disconnected this integration until such a time. Please keep up posted on its development. We are also looking forward to this integration providing timesheeting between Quickbooks and Karbon.

Please fix the original integration (with Outlook), where calendar responses don’t show in Karbon and messages from clients can easily be overlooked unintentionally (unless we keep working in Outlook) 🙏🏾

With this sync do all of our clients in Karbon go over to QBO?  We have sales leads in Karbon that we do not want to add into our QBO. Can we be selective about which ones sync?