Karbon Update recap & 2022 roadmap preview

Earlier today we held a webinar recapping all of the new features and functionality that we released to Karbon over the last 6 months, and a sneak peek of what we are working on what right now. Check our the recording for a an exclusive look at some of the powerful updates and new features coming to Karbon in 2022. We'd love to hear what you think, so please share your comments, feedback and questions in the discussion below.

What a great presentation and great work done so far. Looking forward to the new client request experience and document management system integration.

72 hours is waaaay too short for my clients to respond to questions, is there a way to extend this? it will waste so much of both our time if they have to continually request a new link

Hi @Victoria Heath!

I believe Karbon plans to test this with real Karbon clients to refine it before release. I expect it will be a net positive experience over the past Karbon client tasks.

From what I understand, reminders will keep the link alive/result in fresh links, and the RE-access process is basically frictionless and the client can do it themselves. 

There will also be a lot more detailed information available closer to launch. I heard from someone in a different webinar a little more about how the magic links work, and it’s really nice, simple, and more secure.

Does that help at all?

So excited about the 3 core improvements (Dropbox integration, Calendar integration and the Client App) are going to make a HUGE difference to our workflows!

A couple of little requests to the Client portal that will make even a bigger difference for us:

• Allow to upload documents directly into the Documents Tab which are not necessarily attached to a Client request and / or ability to link a shared folder from Dropbox
  • please please please Single Sign on with Google or Facebook 

I must have missed the update notice about filtering your triage.  I used that today and it blew my mind.:astonished:  What a useful tool.  Sometimes the simplest things are the most useful.  I also love that you can mark an email as unread and the additional functionality in the righthand detail section.  I have been using that quite a bit.

Excellent work team! My top 3 from the roadmap:

1) My Week Calendar Integration through drag and drop on one screen. Huge for daystructuring focus work! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

2) Statutory Dates. So important for managing compliance work like tax workflows. Important to have internal dates like Start and Due to keep working flowing and preventing from going overdue, and missing a clients expectation. Statutory dates takes this an important step further for good filtering to avoid missing the critical filing deadlines, that have costly penalties ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

3) Aggregating unbilled Work in Progress (WIP) is  incredibly helpful in viewing workflows with significant time and effort build-ups invested that may be bottlenecked in a review/approval phase and need priority focus to get to the finish line and billed. Helpful in finding high value work that may be 75-80% complete and needs a priority for final review. Huge for us to Aggregate a WIP amount, especially on ad hoc projects ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

My team has been hesitant to fully use client tasks - I am looking forward to how these updates will go over.

The calendar integration is going to be a game changer for our weekly tactical and daily huddles - that visibility is a piece we have been waiting not so patiently for.

Great presentation, thank you

Are you looking at doing a document integration with SharePoint?

So many wonderful things coming! Is there a date for the Dropbox rollout? 

Hi guys,

Given that it’s been 15 months since this update, it would be good to know progress on a few items that were bookmarked for 2022 but still haven’t been released.

Could we get timing on the following:

• Client requests to multiple people
  • Google Drive integrations

Thanks

Hi Tawanda, 

There is a webinar in May that will showcase the 2023 Roadmap which hopefully will provide answers on some promises from the 2022 webinar. Im not finding the link right now for the webinar sign up but I know I saw it on Karbon’s LinkedIn and Facebook pages in the last week. 

@Tawanda Maravanyika here’s the link to register for the Q2 product roadmap webinar @Megan Roberts mentions! There’s two time optins.

https://karbonhq.com/resources/karbon-product-roadmap-q2-2023/?utm_source=202304-webinar-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=prospects+customers