Karbon Client Portal is here!

Related products: Client Communication

Today we’re introducing the new Karbon Client Portal. We know visibility and efficiency are critical to your practice, so we’ve made it easier to engage with your clients, securely share information, and communicate with ease.

Zvc7XE1K-v2QtwS-9jK3CDeghGerawFCp9nVkfqH0sMdmchj_9t9BgzdQiQBZ_CcQ7CxxcYP_pyIDp6rYju10Fx4WiWPd-vZ3yL_ZYMIc4vPNSY-eM4ISTtnLVzzBSBFUKb0qcmGltibiL8mVJL6dc8

The portal allows your clients to manage and comment on specific tasks, and ask questions all in the context of the work item. Your team is immediately notified and can take action. This eliminates the need for email and keeps everything together in one place, so it can be viewed anytime.

As well as improving existing functionality, we’ve added new features to help you engage with your clients, making it easier for them to accomplish what you need them to do.

Magic links

The PIN has been replaced by a magic link. A magic link is a unique URL that clients receive via email along with their tasks. When clicked, your client will immediately (and somewhat magically) be able to view the latest requests and complete them on their desktop or mobile device. Plus, clients can easily access and download documents your team has sent at their own convenience.

Because a magic link can only be accessed from your client’s inbox—and only used once—it’s a more secure alternative to a sharable or guessable PIN. For added security, the magic link expires after 30 days. If your client attempts to access the link after 30 days, they will need to generate another one.

GDHCFXuYVFDZ2z2UdH2uj50RxuO1p66CUBEK_C_XVcLH6sLiLZ-ADd3zU7ezvfNKxnXBrsrH4ONP6TgzdVm5XQOA7WAOGvjWdRIqMGQsQTF8m67dcpaSimhczvmyHv1H8Qyq5jjA_8Z3tp8l-k4CkWo

Client login

Business plan subscribers get the added benefit of clients having their own login section, allowing greater flexibility to view everything, including a history of open and completed requests, plus the ability to upload and download documents.

XHAroekdC-9iyynEjQCNDxc6v3pOhQDLfV1biiCQ7u8iDSy0bk20X491GUfOEMW4StWqEiesl7XrvPyy-viiootUTXAIbeAVapKfOWp3O26WfP0rJxdxdebXxEDc6IbT2ZSvu6Q8u4WgEXy25iWAuTU

Renamed headings

The heading in Work > Tasks has been renamed from ‘Client Task’ to ‘Client Request’, which better aligns with terminology across the platform.

Settings

The Client Tasks tab has been renamed to ‘Client Portal’ where you can add your firm’s logo, set auto-sending options, and find a dedicated link to your Client Portal

You can add that URL to your website and/or outgoing emails for a great way to promote the feature and save you administration time, and allow your clients to access their information quickly. 

If you are a Karbon customer, register for one of our upcoming global webinars, where we’ll cover:

• An introduction to the Client Portal

• How to collaborate effectively with clients

• How to empower your clients to self-serve, find information, comment, and ask questions

Session 1: Monday August 22, 9am PDT

Session 2: Wednesday August 24, 9am AEST

Session 3: Thursday August 25, 11am BST

Client Assets

Visit our help centre article for assets to introduce this to your clients including a video and email template.

It would be good if open requests also listed the contact/client name

At the moment for example if you have a work titles Financial Statements for 3 different contacts and send client tasks there is no way for the end user to know what entity it is for as all work types will say the same thing. 

Example shown below

It would be good if open requests also listed the contact/client name

At the moment for example if you have a work titles Financial Statements for 3 different contacts and send client tasks there is no way for the end user to know what entity it is for as all work types will say the same thing. 

Example shown below

Excellent call out @beaugaudron - this has come up in discussion here over the past week.

Is anyone else seeing secure connection errors when testing client requests?

Hi @Naomi Feehan Moran if you haven’t already, please submit to support@karbonhq.com in case any personal attention is required. I’ll run it by our engineers in case it’s affecting others.

I had a client complain about this today. I’ll submit through support.

I had a client complain about this today. I’ll submit through support.

@Naomi Feehan Moran @max This is resolved now. Please let us know if it happens again. We made a change some of the configuration changed. 

Hi,

Yes, I raised it through support and the connection issue has been resolved for us.

Thanks for the feedback.

Will it be possible to view the client’s portal?  

Will it be possible to view the client’s portal?  

Hi @Bernie Ackerman I’ve got a couple ideas of why this would be handy (probably seeing consolidated list across works, or screen-share with client over video) but would love to hear it from you! What are the main situation(s) where viewing the client’s portal would be helpful? 

It would be really helpful if the client portal had a “Documents” tab so that both ourselves and the client could see all documents shared without having to click into and sift through each request checklist to find a particular document.