Skip to main content

Obtaining and tracking signatures on documents is a critical but tiring task. Now you can simplify this process, save time, and keep a clean audit trail of activities with the beta release of eSignatures in Karbon.

Here’s how it works.

• Create an eSignature task from a work item
    To prepare documents for approval, in the relevant work item, select Add Task > Add Document eSignature Task.
  • Prepare your document package
    Once an eSignature task is created, click Prepare Documents for eSignature and follow the step-by-step instructions to prepare your documents.
  • Send for eSignature
    After you set up the document package, send it for signing directly through Karbon. 

Managing your document signing in Karbon provides you with several benefits:

• Centralized source of truth: Send, track, and monitor documents in one platform.
  • Efficiency: Reduce the time spent switching between multiple apps for status updates.
  • Visibility: Auto-generated audit trails track every activity that occurs in a document approval request. 
  • Integrated workflow: Seamlessly integrate documents into your project workflow.
  • Flexible field types: add fields for signatures, initials, dates, text and checkboxes to your documents and assign them to individual recipients

eSignatures is initially available in a limited beta program to obtain customer feedback and ensure it’s a highly useful part of Karbon. If you’re interested in taking part in the beta program, please register your interest.

Hi Stuart

That looks great - exactly what I was hoping for.

David

Hi Stuart,

For us, this is what Karbon has been missing to make it a complete solution.  Great work to all there, and looking forward to this becoming widely available - it will totally streamline our processes.

Amazing!

Nick

Looks great @StuartK , cant wait to try!

@StuartK  very excited to give this a try! Exactly what I need to close the loop on engagements and billing.

Now, if there was a trigger to set to create an onboarding work item upon signature received, that a would be fantastic. 

This is an exciting new feature.  We can’t wait to try this.

@StuartK  very excited to give this a try! Exactly what I need to close the loop on engagements and billing.

Now, if there was a trigger to set to create an onboarding work item upon signature received, that a would be fantastic. 

Can be done using the API. 😉 I’ve got a half-baked project on my plate right now that triggers follow-on work when a work item is completed.

@StuartK I’m excited about this feature. One thing I LOVE is that the task completes itself when it’s signed. I’d love this philosophy to extend to client requests (specifically for document requests or deliveries).

Also, just curious what kind of authentication methods are on the horizon. For IRS compliance regarding signing form 8879 (our most common e-signature situation), there are minimum authentication thresholds that need to be met.

Can be done using the API. 😉 I’ve got a half-baked project on my plate right now that triggers follow-on work when a work item is completed.

@StuartK I’m excited about this feature. One thing I LOVE is that the task completes itself when it’s signed. I’d love this philosophy to extend to client requests (specifically for document requests or deliveries).

Also, just curious what kind of authentication methods are on the horizon. For IRS compliance regarding signing form 8879 (our most common e-signature situation), there are minimum authentication thresholds that need to be met.

We don’t have Approval/eSignature completion in the API yet - but it’s a nice idea! If the signature gathering process was it’s own work item you could definitely use the API and the WorkItem webhook to create all sorts of interesting automations.

We’re looking at knowledge based auth (KBA) for US tax workflows later in Q4 2024 - we know that KBA is required for 8878 and 8879 forms and therefore a really important part of how tax works for US firms.

We don’t have Approval/eSignature completion in the API yet - but it’s a nice idea! If the signature gathering process was it’s own work item you could definitely use the API and the WorkItem webhook to create all sorts of interesting automations.

In my model, I trigger follow-on work based on work status, so since the signature request completes itself when the client signs, I assume automations related to the section will still fire, so follow-on work could still fire mid-work item based on the work status.

We’re looking at knowledge based auth (KBA) for US tax workflows later in Q4 2024 - we know that KBA is required for 8878 and 8879 forms and therefore a really important part of how tax works for US firms.

KBA would be great! I’m curious to see pricing. 😉

Hi

We have started using the e-signatures, which is a great addition but I have a query. I have moved signatures over from Onvio and I am used to having a tab (communication) that lists the status of all signature requests. This made it easy to see who had still to respond and we could chase them up.

As e-signatures is a task and part of a piece of work, it is not as easy to work out who has still to e-sign. 

Is there a report or filter that would give me this information?

Thanks

David

Could the E-Signatures be linked in the creation of work items and Engagements to draft?

For Example, once the letter of engagement is signed and the work on the letter of engagement has been chosen, automations would create the work in the clients ‘work’ space with deadlines based on (UK) companies house deadlines?

Then when the creation of the work is completed, the engagement is then created to draft to be approved using the billing information from the work.

I feel like this would be an improvement on what seems to be a manual process currently, unless I’m missing something?

Could the E-Signatures be linked in the creation of work items and Engagements to draft?

For Example, once the letter of engagement is signed and the work on the letter of engagement has been chosen, automations would create the work in the clients ‘work’ space with deadlines based on (UK) companies house deadlines?

Then when the creation of the work is completed, the engagement is then created to draft to be approved using the billing information from the work.

I feel like this would be an improvement on what seems to be a manual process currently, unless I’m missing something?

Also I’ve just realised I have another question, so sorry for the double post (I did try to include it in the above but it made the slow messy).

Also depending on how the auto-pay/Direct Debit feature works in terms of signings and the background, maybe they can tick a box in the engagement to automatically sign up for the auto-pay feature.

Cheers!