Colleague Week in My Week, and more!

If My Week is how you organize your work, tasks and email into a manageable action plan, Colleague’s Week is how you visualize what your team is working on.

Open My Week in your main menu and select Colleague’s Week.

From this point, you can gain a high level overview of your team’s workloads in a filterable list that shows you the total number of items each individual has allocated for each period.

To dive deeper into a team member’s week, click on their name. This will let you view their My Week, including their ‘Next Week’, ‘Later’, ‘To Plan’, and ‘Done’ buckets.

You can choose to re-organize cards for your team members. Any changes that you make will be highlighted in bold (along with other updated and unread items) for them to view when they next navigate to their My Week.

To make it easy for you to begin using Colleague’s Week, you can refer to these resources and frequently asked questions:

Maintaining client privacy

When viewing Colleague's Week, any work items involving clients that are private will remain inaccessible to those without access. Instead, anyone without access will receive a banner advising there are hidden items.

Switching your My Week to private

If you (or any of your team) don’t want others to have access to your own My Week view, access can be disabled by heading to your profile in Karbon (click your name in the main side menu), selecting ‘edit’ in the Privacy section and checking (or unchecking) the box next to ‘Allow Colleagues to View My Week’.

Any staff who have disabled others from accessing their My Week will appear with a lock icon next to their name in the Colleague’s Week list view.

Plan further in the future with My Week

After insightful customer feedback, you can now plan work up to 54 weeks in advance when dragging work cards into the ‘Later’ bucket in My Week.

If you haven’t yet explored My Week, you can learn more about the basics, how to get started, and how My Week differs from To-do, in this introductory video.

Update who has access to Insights

You now have the ability to select who has access to your firm’s Karbon work and email Insights.

Insights are visible to everyone on your team by default, and can be toggled on and off by each user (and admin users) by heading to their profile in Karbon, selecting ‘edit’ in the Permissions section and checking (or unchecking) the box next to ‘View Insights’.

note: Colleague’s Week is a tool to aid visibility across your team. It is different from the broader suite of capacity planning features we’ve teased are coming in 2022.

Now to the comments below! Let’s hear how the visibility offered by Colleague’s Week may help how your team communicates and collaborates. 

Great updates! 👏🏾

Colleague’s Week and how that works and the planning up to 54 weeks in advance 👍🏾

I wish My Week split up into days, that’s why I’m still finding myself using my to-do list more.  I can see what I have on each day easier.

Colleague visibility is essential for transitions, management of team, and client satisfaction. We would benefit of having the option to turn off the option of being able to make it private vs public for our teams.

Viewing Insights: step in the right direction but would be nice to have a way to do this by team or role or function vs just person. Keeping the person option to turn it off but have a way for viewing occasionally or just their own.

I wish My Week split up into days, that’s why I’m still finding myself using my to-do list more.  I can see what I have on each day easier.

Sit tight for the release of Calendar next year Becca. That will let you do some time blocking.

Is the daily visibility useful to help identify what you need to get done today? Or is it to look across multiple days to balance your work across your available capacity? Or something else?

Colleague visibility is essential for transitions, management of team, and client satisfaction. We would benefit of having the option to turn off the option of being able to make it private vs public for our teams.

Viewing Insights: step in the right direction but would be nice to have a way to do this by team or role or function vs just person. Keeping the person option to turn it off but have a way for viewing occasionally or just their own.

Thanks @Terri Warren ! In terms of teammates viewing each other’s weeks, I’d propose that is best addressed as a people/change management opportunity. Helping them understand exactly what is visible, and how to use Karbon privacy settings may alleviate their concern. For top-down views, the Team Viewer next year will likely be more useful for you than this Colleague’s View.

Sit tight for the release of Calendar next year Becca. That will let you do some time blocking.

Is the daily visibility useful to help identify what you need to get done today? Or is it to look across multiple days to balance your work across your available capacity? Or something else?

Hi Evan,

I know this was from some time ago but just wanted to provide some quick feedback that the calendar we’re currently beta testing in My Week is not nearly as fluid as task-based to-do dates that we can view based on the particular day of this week. I’m not sure if you’ve received any feedback on this (or can evaluate calendar use vs. to-do use internally) so just wanted to provide a quick comment. In my opinion, adopting a culture that requires all tasks/notes/emails/work to be time-blocked is a bit aggressive….and I much prefer the simplicity of a to-do list so that my calendar only has events that are actually scheduled that I need to work around.

JG

Hi Evan,

I know this was from some time ago but just wanted to provide some quick feedback that the calendar we’re currently beta testing in My Week is not nearly as fluid as task-based to-do dates that we can view based on the particular day of this week. I’m not sure if you’ve received any feedback on this (or can evaluate calendar use vs. to-do use internally) so just wanted to provide a quick comment. In my opinion, adopting a culture that requires all tasks/notes/emails/work to be time-blocked is a bit aggressive….and I much prefer the simplicity of a to-do list so that my calendar only has events that are actually scheduled that I need to work around.

JG

Thanks Jonathan!

Could you clarify please: is your main goal in this scenario to plan your own work or to monitor your team’s work?

Can I assume you’ve also shared this with your contact at Karbon who setup the beta test? If so, that feedback is in the right hands, but if not I’d like to connect you to someone.

My understanding of the time blocking is not that it’s meant for little things like emails. Definitely for larger processes deserving of a calendar block (which may not come up much for your work case). So yes, an appreciation that there are items people currently put in My Week which are not suitable for time blocking and therefore will require us to address differently.