Bulk clear Triage items with multi-select, and more!

Multi-select in Triage

You now have greater control when clearing items in bulk from Triage, with the ability to individually select and then bulk clear.

Bulk clearing items by time grouping (i.e. ‘today’, ‘yesterday’, ‘October’, etc.) has been updated with the ability to hand-pick the exact items you want to clear using a multi select checkbox.

For example, if you wanted to clear all items from October except two emails, you can select all items from October with one click, and then simply deselect the two emails (rather than having to individually clear each item from October, except the two emails).

Add a note directly to My Week

After the successful roll out of My Week to all Karbon users, it has received a minor update. You can now create and assign a note directly from the ‘This Week’ section in My Week. It will automatically appear in your ‘This Week’.

If you create a note from outside My Week, such as with the global + icon in the top right anywhere in the Karbon app, you will need to add it to My Week as a separate action.

If you haven’t yet explored My Week, you can learn more about the basics, how to get started, and how My Week differs from To-do, in this introductory video.

Updates to @ mentions

When you belong to a team in Karbon, and that team is @ mentioned, you will receive a notification in your Triage that says ‘Your team has been mentioned’. When you have been mentioned as an individual, it will say ‘You’ve been mentioned’.

Nice updates team 👏🏾

I was excited at first, but this is really limited. Will there be a future roll out that will let me assign multiple emails to specific work items? Very rarely can I efficiently group all my emails for a day/week/etc. for clearing, but I do frequently have 5-10 emails that need to be grouped together to a specific work item.

Thanks for this update :blush:  I wanted to also ask if we could have an option where we can bulk set the to-do date of all the tasks in a section? currently we only have the due-date option. Hoping we could have this feature soon cause this would definitely save a lot more time and for the efficiency of tasks in a workitem as well. Thank you!

I was excited at first, but this is really limited. Will there be a future roll out that will let me assign multiple emails to specific work items? Very rarely can I efficiently group all my emails for a day/week/etc. for clearing, but I do frequently have 5-10 emails that need to be grouped together to a specific work item.

Totally agree with Matthew Gonda.  I was very excited to see this feature too, but of no value if you can’t clear to a particular work item or contact.

They only just added the multi-select people, I’m sure if you ask nicely the multi-select & add to work will come (especially now the functionality has been built 🙂)

Love this suggestion!

Thanks Karbon, the option to add a note directly on My Week is a great update, what I found was missing last week when using it for the first time.  Another thing I’d say that would be nice on my week is the option to tick off an e-mail or note as done rather than just clicking to remove it from my week.  Feels a bit more rewarding than just feeling like you are deleting it!  

Thanks Karbon, the option to add a note directly on My Week is a great update, what I found was missing last week when using it for the first time.  Another thing I’d say that would be nice on my week is the option to tick off an e-mail or note as done rather than just clicking to remove it from my week.  Feels a bit more rewarding than just feeling like you are deleting it!  

You can use the “Move to Done” functionality. 

Love this new feature! 

The sky’s the limit! As with so much, we start with tiny elements and expand from there. Keep the ideas coming! (we’ve also got a new “idea suggestion” method coming soon-ish FYI)

Thanks for this update :blush:  I wanted to also ask if we could have an option where we can bulk set the to-do date of all the tasks in a section? currently we only have the due-date option. Hoping we could have this feature soon cause this would definitely save a lot more time and for the efficiency of tasks in a workitem as well. Thank you!

Thanks Tanya, great question. The “to-do date” concept as it exists now is currently under review and might be going away BUT only if we provide a better workflow first. Lots of functionality being built now that pertains to capacity planning and it’s important that all the individual features level up to one cohesive design. 2022 will be exciting!

Thanks Tom, you raise a really interesting point and one that is crucial to understanding the roll of My Week. Caveat: it’s a new feature and so as we learn how people use it me might change tack. 

The way My Week is currently designed, we’ve specifically left out changing of workflow statuses. It’s purely a tool for managing your time and priorities. The main reason is that just because you have completed your role in something doesn’t mean the larger work/item is “complete” from the standpoint of what others might be doing with it.

Emails are kind of a unique beast though, and our Design Team is hard at work on some interesting ideas on how to continue improving the efficiency of working with them and organizing them. Lots more to come here!

Love reading about the new updates and features.  Excited to try the bulk delete and adding a note to my week.

@evanrnhall We have found To-Do dates have more relevance for our firm that Due dates for the majority of our work save compliance tasks. It would be great additional functionality to have more To-Do options such as multiselect and template setting options.

@evanrnhall We have found To-Do dates have more relevance for our firm that Due dates for the majority of our work save compliance tasks. It would be great additional functionality to have more To-Do options such as multiselect and template setting options.

Thanks Rachel! Long term the To-Do feature will be going away, so you likely won’t see any new abilities added in there. I promise it won’t go away for awhile though - not until My Week and/or other features have replaced existing functionality.

Totally agree that the concept of a “to-do” date is independent of an actual “due date” and that’s what My Week, as well as other upcoming features like the Calendar and the Team Planner will enable. 

@evanrnhall my boss would love a multi-select feature in Drafts (for deleting Drafts). She builds up hundreds of draft emails in Karbon over time and there are a couple she’ll come back to, but most she’d like to delete, so if she could select all and then unselect a few and delete those selected, it would help her a lot

So grateful for this community - just got back from vacation and would have missed this update if it wasn’t for y’all!  Love the update and the suggestions after reading through the comments.

Is it possible to multiselect and assign to a contact? It would save so much time.

Is it possible to multiselect and assign to a contact? It would save so much time.

Hi Chris - as with so much, we release in smaller iterations. For now, “clearing” is the only action, but now that the ability to multi-select exists we’ll be looking at additional actions. Assigning to contacts is definitely up for consideration, but adding it in to the Feature Request page never hurts either ;)