Accept meetings from Triage, analyze budgets, and plan for inefficiencies with KPI budget power BI workbook and more.

Related products: Triage My Week File Management Practice Intelligence

Triage

Respond to meeting or event invitations in Triage

Connecting your calendar in Karbon will ensure you can respond to meeting invites directly via Triage. Responding with your preference to the meeting or event will automatically be added to your calendar. You can change your response at any time by clicking on the calendar event in My Week.

fLN0IR6nRPKvPZFO8R6j1gHMqP0CAcR7s4t1kfnvdwUT1iKsImjnrtzc9kZZGlCLBKkjMpBHIdyJaWIruqVXy_htVEmVLRZvr5nGgXnRp81dYh42U09yUNMH667yLTm8UasIBtJNaM6tssJuCvWBwN0k2BfVRUbSKUoIfjsrL52OMsrvInLYxxY1

Karbon Practice Intelligence PowerBI workbook

Analyze budget to plan for inefficiencies

We’ve added another workbook to Practice Intelligence. The budget workbook allows you to perform a detailed analysis and look at the budget retrospectively.  Have visibility and answer critical questions about potential reasons that actual time/cost are over the budgeted amounts, view active work items that are already over budget to look for efficiencies, and plan accordingly. 

Use filters for work types, team members, and work item status directly in Karbon to explore detailed information and understand which clients are over (or close to going over) budget.

1jvGmwIEk_5tawBIBOuwh8J1xmnWn53kLpLAweXnVDxHoJ1woOfyHCLnS_AYBue6GlKknUVvnYkFg6pDEQRyJdt00ssBwv850jhhLDQV9Qigfw6DWNtyMDHBJWFO9uJIWUXNoFNmVgGSalSlXCzz6B8itoh3M2vGpxooZKDKr77_D6u1u8tYQYrF

Document management

Auto-create new folders for repeating work items

Repeating settings for work items is used to set and forget work items that need to be repeated on a regular basis. Document management users in Karbon, can automatically create the required folders in your Document management system and start copying work files when a repeating work item is started (ie. when tasks and budgets are created for the work). This will ensure that you are always on track with up-to-date information in your folders which avoids confusion, making it easier to navigate for everyone in your firm.

To configure, we have added a new section in Repeat settings > Connected folder to auto-create folders. 

3qFWL7c5Z38pXXwl-AS2TPvnwveOpDZ2y82BHqRZSE-puxJJxzGwvuNZDAgsBocV0P3MUjNTUbrEjnS80xqWYAZX7lC08rUR9Mh0XDolJbpbY8FnbZONWDtQmbE4uXSV5mm7jPWBVkJkY1Hfq9G3dB8rp42bVs0A4CvpwvlKWe1-kB1OxDPq01a-

My Week

View information faster with an overlay in your calendar

Similar to the work overlay released earlier this month, this functionality has been added to the calendar. After you drag and drop a work item into the calendar, you can view event descriptions in an overlay via the work title. This will enable you to work faster and view critical information about work items, directly on the calendar.

Y3j_F-Xur6vTa2sTOy-5hcXkAIUOj7IKwWPq28bOfncvI761U-XG9Ez36Sg-r0snMxeKmE_0pxH7OxjdolWAslq6Y3NDq2XBygRFHN_qMnZh8to91rOxHBDslButTNmpeXabY_1AIC5zpIbmYa9Q3hqr_9jldpvDJTZW3Fkt626KEipU84JcqNcm

Really enjoying the My Week feature. Helps to keep the To-do list in check for the day while guiding me through a week of workflows. Kudos to those involved with simplifying My To-do list into this planning format.

My firm is looking forward to exploring the new KPI workbook for budgets.  That sounds like it will be very informative.

The folder creation is pretty cool. I would love to see work title and work type as placeholders:

When does this go live? “Respond to meeting or event invitations in Triage”

I don’t have this option in a current meeting invite

It didn’t work for me yesterday, either. 😕

Today I have the box, but still no buttons:

I noticed the box yesterday, but no buttons here either. 😀

Might have finally got the buttons! But I realized after accepting the meeting via Outlook so will test tomorrow.

1. I can see accept buttons (Yes, Maybe and No) but nothing really happens when you click them, similar to buttons in My Week view.
  2. I hope they immediately start adding the flexibility feature in naming convention of repeating folders. Currently it only allows you to put start date or end date or both, but it doesn’t allow minus or plus days, or just showing months and years.

But overall good features to start with! Once improved, will really help a lot of users. Thanks Karbon!

1. I can see accept buttons (Yes, Maybe and No) but nothing really happens when you click them, similar to buttons in My Week view.
  2. I hope they immediately start adding the flexibility feature in naming convention of repeating folders. Currently it only allows you to put start date or end date or both, but it doesn’t allow minus or plus days, or just showing months and years.

But overall good features to start with! Once improved, will really help a lot of users. Thanks Karbon!

Hi Arron. If nothing is happening for you, can you please send this to support@karbonhq.com? After you accept, the button should turn blue and then your calendar should reflect your response. 

Today I have the box, but still no buttons:

@Tara @max If you are consistently not able to see the buttons, please send this to support@karbonhq.com. There will be some instances where we don’t have the information in the ics file to be able to accept it (and then we don’t show the button) but this shouldn’t happen frequently. 

Hi Arron. If nothing is happening for you, can you please send this to support@karbonhq.com? After you accept, the button should turn blue and then your calendar should reflect your response. 

Hi Amelia, doesn;t turn blue and does not reflect on calendar. I have send this via reporting a bug, Karbon support says engineers are looking after it. Kindly help me follow up as well. Thank you.

Hi Amelia, doesn;t turn blue and does not reflect on calendar. I have send this via reporting a bug, Karbon support says engineers are looking after it. Kindly help me follow up as well. Thank you.

Hi Arron. I have looked up your ticket and they are investigating it. This might take a few hours but they will reach out to you soon. 

Me too!!

No buttons again today. I will send to support

Sooo…. the response is that the engineers know it’s not working for the top or 2nd top email platform in NA???

Sooo…. the response is that the engineers know it’s not working for the top or 2nd top email platform in NA???

Hi Tara

The issue is that Microsoft changes the details of the ICS file (how we get the information) and changes it so we cannot link to it anymore. Google does not do this so if Google receives an invite from Microsoft it works. At the moment, there is technically nothing we can do to resolve the issue. We are going to work on a way to improve the user experience so you can accept it from the Karbon Calendar. We do apologise for the inconvenience.

Hi Tara

The issue is that Microsoft changes the details of the ICS file (how we get the information) and changes it so we cannot link to it anymore. Google does not do this so if Google receives an invite from Microsoft it works. At the moment, there is technically nothing we can do to resolve the issue. We are going to work on a way to improve the user experience so you can accept it from the Karbon Calendar. We do apologise for the inconvenience.

Considering I can accept the invites through Outlook itself, this doesn’t actually make sense.

Hi Tara

Considering I can accept the invites through Outlook itself, this doesn’t actually make sense.

Yes that is correct. You are able to do it through Outlook, as it is their system but we can’t do it through the API available to us. 

Hi Tara

Yes that is correct. You are able to do it through Outlook, as it is their system but we can’t do it through the API available to us. 

Well then this is a 50% useless feature for any of us on Office 365…. Not really something that should have been released as a solution for all….

Well then this is a 50% useless feature for any of us on Office 365…. Not really something that should have been released as a solution for all….

I respectfully disagree… if we had to wait until every update was 100% effective for everyone, we’d all lose out in the long run.

I agree with you that there must be a way to make it work, and I think the Karbon team will figure it out. I don’t think it’s the highest priority item for the dev team, and I’m okay with that.

Our company is on Office 365, and it’s nice to have the button there for non-google invites. On the whole we gained functionality, just not as much as we hoped.

I’m always happy to move in the right direction, no matter how small the step. 😀

I respectfully disagree… if we had to wait until every update was 100% effective for everyone, we’d all lose out in the long run.

I agree with you that there must be a way to make it work, and I think the Karbon team will figure it out. I don’t think it’s the highest priority item for the dev team, and I’m okay with that.

Our company is on Office 365, and it’s nice to have the button there for non-google invites. On the whole we gained functionality, just not as much as we hoped.

I’m always happy to move in the right direction, no matter how small the step. 😀

Totally agree max re not waiting until it’s 100% effective for everyone. Just feel like when it was released, they should have specified the limitations, so that there weren’t all these posts here about it not working, then a whole bunch of support agents not knowing why it wasn’t working.

@Tara @max just noticed this myself (can’t accept Google Calendar invitations in Triage).

It’s funny, both Google and Outlook have their (insane) quirks:

Google Calendar: I am super flexible about how you adjust a recurring calendar event, but if you adjust any event and send it to Outlook, together we’ll add a useless “Updated Invitation:” to the title of the event so you can’t see it easily at a glance. I will let you add a calendar event into someone’s calendar without notifying them 🥴

Outlook Calendar: I am super inflexible about how you adjust a recurring calendar event, but I won’t change the Title on you and your recipients will also get a notification from me.

@max @Tara @SamG 

Great thread y’all!  Sam you are spot on - insane quirks for sure!

I am excited though that we do have some functionality now as a MS365 user, and looking forward to more in the future!

@Amelia Freeman We are in MS365 and use the browser app only for the Outlook Calendar.  Yesterday and today, I was able to click on the Yes button, it stayed blue, and then synced into the calendar appt as well!

Not sure if there was a fix, or maybe this works for use because we are not using the desktop app, and only the web application.

Either way, glad we have this function now!