Calendar integration is here! (and more)

Related products: My Week

Sync both ways with Google and Outlook calendars

Calendars are at the center of most of our working lives and based on your feedback, we know a calendar integration in Karbon is in high demand. With that in mind, we're thrilled to announce our two-way calendar sync in My Week.

This new feature allows you to sync Karbon with your Google or Outlook calendar (Exchange coming soon), allowing you to see your availability all in one place and lessening the burden on context-switching between calendars.

The fact that the calendar integration is a two-way sync means that your calendar is updated in real-time. Google or Outlook calendar events will immediately appear in Karbon and vice versa.

This means that all your calendar events will be current and accurate. You can book with confidence, knowing that there’s less possibility of multiple bookings and schedule disruptions.

Fast and easy setup

It takes less than 30 seconds to set up the integration. Simply navigate to My Week and click on ‘Connect calendar’ and sign in to your calendar provider.

An example is a Google Calendar connection

Stay focused

Once your calendar is connected, you’ll be able to respond to a single or repeating calendar event. Your Karbon calendar entries will replicate all the event details, conferencing info, description, organizer, and attendees. Hovering over a particular event will display more information, for easy referencing. 

Join meetings via Zoom, Teams, Google Meet and Skype right from the event in your calendar in My Week. Plus, time entries from your calendar event will appear on timesheets in Karbon, saving you time and double handling.

You have the ability to view your calendar by day, schedule, and week or choose a particular date through the date picker. And you can easily block out time by dragging and dropping items from My Week into the calendar (day view only) to prioritize work and plan your day.

Easily see the color coding of your events in Karbon from your calendar provider, to make it simple to glance at your schedule and quickly see what your day, week, or schedule looks like. And you’ll instantly understand where the majority of your time is being spent so you can adjust accordingly if needed.

If you are a Karbon customer, register for one of our upcoming global webinars, where we’ll demonstrate how to:

• How to connect your calendar to Karbon

• Best practices for using My Week and calendar to help you organize work into manageable actions plans using the drag and drop feature

• How using calendar in Karbon can save you time and provide visibility across your schedule

Session 1: Tuesday August 16, 12pm PDT
Session 2: Wednesday August 17, 9am AEST
Session 3: Wednesday August 17, 2pm BST

Automatically connect repeating work items with your Document Management System (DMS)

Once you connect Microsoft OneDrive, SharePoint or Dropbox to Karbon, you can set up your repeating work items to automatically connect to your specified DMS folders, guaranteeing your team a single, centralized source of truth. 

In the ‘Repeat Settings’ of any work item, a new section has been added called ‘Connect Folder’—this is where you can connect your DMS folder and start copying files automatically.  The connection won’t take effect until tasks and budgets are created.

To the comment section! We know you’ve waited a long time for calendar integration and will have lots of great thoughts on how you’re excited to use it today, and how you’d like to see the feature further develop over time. 

I love the calendar integration! 😀 Very useful.

I added the calendar to My Week.  It is a very easy process.  I am so excited to begin using this feature and to learn more in the upcoming webinar. 

I love it too. I have been waiting for this for so long! 

@evanrnhall Does Karbon plan to add event reminders? That is the only reason why I can’t close Outlook completely. 

This is such a great feature! Excited to see my team put this to use.

Very excited the calendar integration is here! And looking forward to the future updates of the feature too! 🎉

I love it too. I have been waiting for this for so long! 

@evanrnhall Does Karbon plan to add event reminders? That is the only reason why I can’t close Outlook completely. 

Hi @davideigner as with all large features, this is just a robust v1. We’ve got a lot up our sleeves (both classic calendar functions and also Karbon specific stuff). But we want to hear from you! Go to Feature Request here in Community and let us know what you’d find helpful.

We likely won’t commit or comment on specific additional features until Calendar has been out for at least a few weeks and we’ve started collecting feedback to validate our direction. 

@evanrnhall 

Regarding the “Automatically connect repeating work items with your Document Management System (DMS)” mentioned near the end of this post, it appears this is still a static linking rather than being able to create a dynamic link which would create a folder based on a placeholder (e.g. using the work name / part of the work name or something similar to create the folder associated with that months’ work)? 

@evanrnhall

Regarding the “Automatically connect repeating work items with your Document Management System (DMS)” mentioned near the end of this post, it appears this is still a static linking rather than being able to create a dynamic link which would create a folder based on a placeholder (e.g. using the work name / part of the work name or something similar to create the folder associated with that months’ work)? 

This release includes only static link to recurring work items. I believe carbon is working on future releases that will add dynamic links based on placeholder content in the URL.

Synced with Outlook - my Category Colors are not populating in Karbon.  I can select in Outlook a color to apply to the entire calendar and then all appointments appear in Karbon as that color but there no color coding difference between my different categories - anyone else experiencing this?

@evanrnhall

This release includes only static link to recurring work items. I believe carbon is working on future releases that will add dynamic links based on placeholder content in the URL.

@LD7E - what @max said ;)

Cheers @max

Synced with Outlook - my Category Colors are not populating in Karbon.  I can select in Outlook a color to apply to the entire calendar and then all appointments appear in Karbon as that color but there no color coding difference between my different categories - anyone else experiencing this?

Hi @Dana Maxwell great question - the current version of Calender taps into “Calendar Colors”. Outlook treats “Category Colors” as a different feature and we have not integrated to that part yet. So, for now, best thing is to log your observation as a feature request.

Hi - what is the ETA for this to be in IPM Powered by Karbon?

Hi - what is the ETA for this to be in IPM Powered by Karbon?

Hi Ken. Very soon :) 

Amelia - thanks for the reply.  I have watched the videos and am looking forward to these new features.

When adding a time entry through the calendar event should the time entry popup be pre-populated with the client and work item name?

When adding a time entry through the calendar event should the time entry popup be pre-populated with the client and work item name?

Hi Naomi. Was the calendar event a work item that has been created through drag and drop? If so, then yes it should. If it isn’t please send to support@karbonhq.com 

Hi Amelia, yes it was a wok item. I will raise it with support.

I just tested again before raising and it appears to be populating now 😀

Has anyone else had issues with events for a whole day not showing up in karbon on the correct day? For eg- I have an all day event on Monday September 12th in my outlook calendar but it shows up in karbon as a September 11th event.

Has anyone else had issues with events for a whole day not showing up in karbon on the correct day? For eg- I have an all day event on Monday September 12th in my outlook calendar but it shows up in karbon as a September 11th event.

Hi Andrea. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. However, if you haven’t already can you please send this issue to support@karbonhq.com so we can confirm it is the same issue and keep you up to date with the resolution of it. 

Would love to see the Calendar in My Week automatically update itself to “Today” rather than me needing to remember to do it manually

Would love to see the Calendar in My Week automatically update itself to “Today” rather than me needing to remember to do it manually

Hi Tara. Can you give me some more information on this? We haven’t had any other reports of this, as it should be updating to be today each time you view the calendar 

I am using Chrome on a PC and when I come into Karbon’s My Week (pinned tab) it is always on the last day I was in. I have to manually click “Today” to have it update

Hi Tara. Can you give me some more information on this? We haven’t had any other reports of this, as it should be updating to be today each time you view the calendar 

I am using Chrome on a PC and when I come into Karbon’s My Week (pinned tab) it is always on the last day I was in. I have to manually click “Today” to have it update

I have integrated my Google calendar, but it’s only showing my primary calendar in My Week. A lot of my schedule is on the company shared calendar, which is linked to my boss’s (another Karbon user) Gmail. I’ve been invited with full editing privileges, and it’s always just overlaid on my calendar when I’m using the Google Calendar website. Is there a way to make both calendars appear in My Week?