Schedule an email, and more!

Originally from May 3, 2021  

You can now choose what time your email will be sent. 

Do you write your emails at night but don't want them to go out until the morning? Get a jump on some client communication for next week? Or want an email to go out at the exact time you'll be away from your desk?

Simply compose your email like normal. Then, next to your Send button (which still sends your email immediately), you'll have a new option to choose a scheduled time. The email will then be filed under your scheduled folder within Triage

An update on the full release of new Global Search

New Global Search is currently being rolled out to all Karbon customers. Updates include enhancements such as recent contacts and work items being displayed.

And new functionality such as filters will help you find what you need quickly—across work, contacts, email, and internal discussions

So what do you think? Do you plan to start scheduling emails to send at specific times? Why will doing so benefit your working style?

Join the discussion below and share your thoughts, questions, and ideas relating to this latest Karbon update. 

This is great! We were using client tasks to remind clients to make their estimated tax payments on time, but now we have a better option. I would love to see this functionality built into templates, where templates come with the ability to build a scheduled email reminder based on variables within the work item and it’s context.

Can we change the default “tomorrow” times of 9am or 5pm to a different time?

Hi @Craig Simmons, if you put in a feature idea, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀

Originally from May 3, 2021  

You can now choose what time your email will be sent. 

Do you write your emails at night but don't want them to go out until the morning? Get a jump on some client communication for next week? Or want an email to go out at the exact time you'll be away from your desk?

So what do you think? Do you plan to start scheduling emails to send at specific times? Why will doing so benefit your working style?

I love the scheduling emails feature and use it very frequently. I’ll frequently work on the weekends or at night and I don’t feel it's appropriate to send an email at that time. So this feature has been a life saver. I also have emails that I send certain clients every month and scheduling those sometimes helps so they aren’t forgotten. I do wish that there was a recurring option on the scheduling email feature like there is for work items.

So example:

I could schedule the email to be sent on “X” day at “Y” time and recurs “monthly”.

But options as far as recurring on a certain day of the month 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.

Then also have an option for when the recurrence should end.

Basically all the same features as the recurring work feature. 

I think this would be extremely helpful and and time saver at that. A lot of my clients don’t like the client portal and won’t use it so using that as a solution isn’t possible unfortunately. I did put this as a feature idea and i was surprised it didn’t get much activity/feedback on it. As I feel this would be a very helpful tool and save a lot of time. It seems that this wouldn’t be too difficult of a feature to add since you can already schedule emails. Why not make them recurring as well? Hopefully to come soon? 😁

Something we have noted is that although you can set to send at a later time it does show what time you originally issued the direction. So if you are trying to cover that you are sending outside of normal business hours this may not work as intended.