Introduction to My Week in Karbon

Earlier today I hosted the first of several run-throughs of the new My Week feature that will begin rolling out to all Karbon accounts from next week. You can catch up on the full recording below, or if you’d like to attend an upcoming live session, you can register here (along with getting a glimpse of what to expect): https://karbonhq.com/my-week/

I’d love to hear what you think, and any questions or feedback that you have. You can add your thoughts in the comments below.

Is it going to be possible to sort or filter by Client so we can easily see all the emails, notes, tasks relating to that one client for the week. I use this as my main sort feature in To Do so that when I have time allocated to a client I can easily see everything that needs doing.

Hi Larisa 

Would you be interested in discussing this further? If so, can you reach out to me at amelia@karbonhq.com and we can set up a time to chat. 

When should we expect to have My Week?

When should we expect to have My Week?

Hi Becca. You will have it by the end of the month. Not long now! 

Hello. One quick question on ‘colleagues My Week’. If for example, I have received an email from a client that I would like a team member to help with, is it possible for me to add this to my colleagues My Week for them, so that it appears straight away in their week for them to action, or would I need to @mention that person in the comments, and would they need to add it to their My Week themselves?

Hello. One quick question on ‘colleagues My Week’. If for example, I have received an email from a client that I would like a team member to help with, is it possible for me to add this to my colleagues My Week for them, so that it appears straight away in their week for them to action, or would I need to @mention that person in the comments, and would they need to add it to their My Week themselves?

Hi Adam. You are unable to add emails or notes for other colleagues. Instead you would just need to assign it to them and it would appear in their Triage OR yes, you could @ mention them if you didn’t want to assign it. However, you will be able to move items in a Colleague’s Week on their behalf, so for emails already there, you could move them to another week bucket. 

Loving the My Week so far. However, is there a way to only see the work assigned to me in my week? Right now, it shows all work, even if it’s currently assigned to someone else.

Loving the My Week so far. However, is there a way to only see the work assigned to me in my week? Right now, it shows all work, even if it’s currently assigned to someone else.

Hi there. You will only have work in your My Week if you are the work assignee, have tasks assigned to you on the work item or budget assigned to you on the work item. Is this your experience? You should not have any work in your My Week if you are not involved. 

At the moment, there is no assigned to me filter but I will pass on the feedback. 

Hello. We held a team meeting this morning to look at My Week and everyone is very excited to start using it. We have a few questions mainly around how task assignments will work once the To Do list is removed. 

At present, if an email or note is ‘assigned’ to someone, it will appear in their To Do list. It will also show up in their Triage. If the To Do page is removed, how will somebody see all of the tasks assigned to them, as they may not necessarily be included within My Week? Our slight worry, is that if I as a manager assign a task to a team member, and that team member forgets to place in their My Week, the task may be overlooked.

Also, do you have a rough timeframe as to when the To Do list may disappear?

Hello. We held a team meeting this morning to look at My Week and everyone is very excited to start using it. We have a few questions mainly around how task assignments will work once the To Do list is removed. 

At present, if an email or note is ‘assigned’ to someone, it will appear in their To Do list. It will also show up in their Triage. If the To Do page is removed, how will somebody see all of the tasks assigned to them, as they may not necessarily be included within My Week? Our slight worry, is that if I as a manager assign a task to a team member, and that team member forgets to place in their My Week, the task may be overlooked.

Also, do you have a rough timeframe as to when the To Do list may disappear?

Hi Adam 

Thank you for that feedback. We are currently looking at this use case of ‘show me everything I have assigned to my team) and how it can be solved elsewhere. We will solve and release this before turning off the to-do list. There is no timeline for this right now and you will be given plenty of warning before we turn it off. 

Hi,
Can you please keep the To-Do section as long as possible. 

We are very reliant on the To-Do view to plan our work, assign emails/posts, etc.

Plus, we assign the Work to someone but do not necessarily assign tasks in that specific Work. In the absence of tasks assigned, MyWeek looks less helpful.

We love the To_Do view, and change will take time.

Need to review all our Works, To-Dos and assign tasks (also within the Work templates, repeating Works, etc.) This is huge work.

Hi,
Can you please keep the To-Do section as long as possible. 

We are very reliant on the To-Do view to plan our work, assign emails/posts, etc.

Plus, we assign the Work to someone but do not necessarily assign tasks in that specific Work. In the absence of tasks assigned, MyWeek looks less helpful.

We love the To_Do view, and change will take time.

Need to review all our Works, To-Dos and assign tasks (also within the Work templates, repeating Works, etc.) This is huge work.

Hi Cenk 

There is no current timeline for when we will turn off the To-do section, so you have plenty of time to review and update your work flow. We understand this is a change that requires time. If you need help updating your templates to assign sub-tasks and tasks to roles to help with this process or if you need any additional support, please let me know and I will get a customer support manager to reach out to you. 

Is there a way to eliminate work items from the my week view that aren’t assigned to me? I find it annoying to have to look at work items that only have tasks assigned to me, because almost every work item in our firm has tasks assigned to me. Needless clutter.

Is there a way to eliminate work items from the my week view that aren’t assigned to me? I find it annoying to have to look at work items that only have tasks assigned to me, because almost every work item in our firm has tasks assigned to me. Needless clutter.

Hi Meg 

Can you give me some more information? What would you normally do with the work items that have tasks assigned to you? Could you use automators to only have tasks assigned to you when it is time for you to do your tasks? 

@Amelia Freeman  I would love an automator that would remove work items from My Week until my tasks are ready for me to complete.  Every tax item in the firm is assigned to me as the final task. I have to move them all to later until they are ready for me to complete my tasks.  If they only popped into My Week once they are assigned to me, that would be fine.  Or maybe have a filter where you can see your current work assigned to you, not just work where you would have a task assigned later.  Hope that makes sense.

Love all the work you and the team put into Karbon.

@Amelia Freeman see what DianeK wrote above - we have work cards that have dozens of tasks. In My week I only want to manage work cards that are assigned to me. Once a task is supposed to be done by me, we have automators that assign the whole card to me. I don’t need to see work items that are assigned to someone else where I might have once task assigned to me in the future, dependent on someone else getting their work done first. We don’t work on things concurrently.

There should be a way to filer by asignee just like in the Work view.

About 32 min into this video they promise “a lot more support” including more videos and articles on My  Week, but it’s been a few months and I can’t find them. Can someone link me to these other sources if they exist? If not, when are they coming. I need to learn a lot more about how to use My Week right away. Right now my team heavily depends on To-do.

@Amelia Freeman Also, I’m having the same problem @DianeK and @Meg Sweetland are having. I’m the last person every work touches, because it’s my job to either review the bank reconciliation, or send the year-end data to the CPA. My My Week is FLOODED with jobs I can’t work on under “Ready to Start,” because other people haven’t done their tasks yet. I can’t do my work until they do theirs. Please tell me someone has a fix for this.

@Megan Sells In Academy (found on the side menu of Karbon) there are My Week training videos. This is the link https://karbon.exceedlms.com/student/path/1061900-how-do-i-navigate-through-my-daily-work

I will also reach out to your customer success manager who will be able to help you further.