Introduction to My Week in Karbon

• 15 October 2021
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Is it going to be possible to sort or filter by Client so we can easily see all the emails, notes, tasks relating to that one client for the week. I use this as my main sort feature in To Do so that when I have time allocated to a client I can easily see everything that needs doing.

Hi Larisa 

Would you be interested in discussing this further? If so, can you reach out to me at amelia@karbonhq.com and we can set up a time to chat. 

Userlevel 2

When should we expect to have My Week?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When should we expect to have My Week?

Hi Becca. You will have it by the end of the month. Not long now! 

Hello. One quick question on ‘colleagues My Week’. If for example, I have received an email from a client that I would like a team member to help with, is it possible for me to add this to my colleagues My Week for them, so that it appears straight away in their week for them to action, or would I need to @mention that person in the comments, and would they need to add it to their My Week themselves?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello. One quick question on ‘colleagues My Week’. If for example, I have received an email from a client that I would like a team member to help with, is it possible for me to add this to my colleagues My Week for them, so that it appears straight away in their week for them to action, or would I need to @mention that person in the comments, and would they need to add it to their My Week themselves?

Hi Adam. You are unable to add emails or notes for other colleagues. Instead you would just need to assign it to them and it would appear in their Triage OR yes, you could @ mention them if you didn’t want to assign it. However, you will be able to move items in a Colleague’s Week on their behalf, so for emails already there, you could move them to another week bucket. 

Loving the My Week so far. However, is there a way to only see the work assigned to me in my week? Right now, it shows all work, even if it’s currently assigned to someone else.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Loving the My Week so far. However, is there a way to only see the work assigned to me in my week? Right now, it shows all work, even if it’s currently assigned to someone else.

Hi there. You will only have work in your My Week if you are the work assignee, have tasks assigned to you on the work item or budget assigned to you on the work item. Is this your experience? You should not have any work in your My Week if you are not involved. 

At the moment, there is no assigned to me filter but I will pass on the feedback. 

Hello. We held a team meeting this morning to look at My Week and everyone is very excited to start using it. We have a few questions mainly around how task assignments will work once the To Do list is removed. 

At present, if an email or note is ‘assigned’ to someone, it will appear in their To Do list. It will also show up in their Triage. If the To Do page is removed, how will somebody see all of the tasks assigned to them, as they may not necessarily be included within My Week? Our slight worry, is that if I as a manager assign a task to a team member, and that team member forgets to place in their My Week, the task may be overlooked.

Also, do you have a rough timeframe as to when the To Do list may disappear?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello. We held a team meeting this morning to look at My Week and everyone is very excited to start using it. We have a few questions mainly around how task assignments will work once the To Do list is removed. 

At present, if an email or note is ‘assigned’ to someone, it will appear in their To Do list. It will also show up in their Triage. If the To Do page is removed, how will somebody see all of the tasks assigned to them, as they may not necessarily be included within My Week? Our slight worry, is that if I as a manager assign a task to a team member, and that team member forgets to place in their My Week, the task may be overlooked.

Also, do you have a rough timeframe as to when the To Do list may disappear?

Hi Adam 

Thank you for that feedback. We are currently looking at this use case of ‘show me everything I have assigned to my team) and how it can be solved elsewhere. We will solve and release this before turning off the to-do list. There is no timeline for this right now and you will be given plenty of warning before we turn it off. 

Hi,
Can you please keep the To-Do section as long as possible. 

We are very reliant on the To-Do view to plan our work, assign emails/posts, etc.

Plus, we assign the Work to someone but do not necessarily assign tasks in that specific Work. In the absence of tasks assigned, MyWeek looks less helpful.

We love the To_Do view, and change will take time.

Need to review all our Works, To-Dos and assign tasks (also within the Work templates, repeating Works, etc.) This is huge work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,
Can you please keep the To-Do section as long as possible. 

We are very reliant on the To-Do view to plan our work, assign emails/posts, etc.

Plus, we assign the Work to someone but do not necessarily assign tasks in that specific Work. In the absence of tasks assigned, MyWeek looks less helpful.

We love the To_Do view, and change will take time.

Need to review all our Works, To-Dos and assign tasks (also within the Work templates, repeating Works, etc.) This is huge work.

Hi Cenk 

There is no current timeline for when we will turn off the To-do section, so you have plenty of time to review and update your work flow. We understand this is a change that requires time. If you need help updating your templates to assign sub-tasks and tasks to roles to help with this process or if you need any additional support, please let me know and I will get a customer support manager to reach out to you.