Introduction to My Week in Karbon

Earlier today I hosted the first of several run-throughs of the new My Week feature that will begin rolling out to all Karbon accounts from next week. You can catch up on the full recording below, or if you’d like to attend an upcoming live session, you can register here (along with getting a glimpse of what to expect): https://karbonhq.com/my-week/

I’d love to hear what you think, and any questions or feedback that you have. You can add your thoughts in the comments below.

It was a great webinar.  Very excited to share with the rest of the firm.  Looking forward to using this more in the future.  We have been in the Beta testing, but this showed so much more functionality.  I can’t wait to get in there and explore.

I cannot wait!!! I feel like a a child on Christmas eve waiting to open that 1 present at midnight!!! 

I’m with @DianeK we have been Beta testing but several times during the webinar I was saying ‘wait - what - amazing’.  I have been teasing the functionality with the team, this webinar will push them over the edge.  Thank you!

I’m really excited for the team My-Week.

Why does this show up 5 mins in?

I was also prompted like this.

My assumption is that Karbon is trying to get an idea about who is watching their webinars, because they focus on client feedback to guide future decisions. I assume it’s related to that general effort. 

My assumption is that Karbon is trying to get an idea about who is watching their webinars, because they focus on client feedback to guide future decisions. I assume it’s related to that general effort. 

Hmm.. Would make sense if on a general page, but I’m logged into the community and clicked the link to get there from the mailout, so they already know who I am, where I’m going and what I’m watching

Hmm.. Would make sense if on a general page, but I’m logged into the community and clicked the link to get there from the mailout, so they already know who I am, where I’m going and what I’m watching

Hi Sam (and Max), that’s a very fair question. We ask for details on most of our webinar recordings so that we know who is watching and also in this particular case, so that we can keep the viewers to existing Karbon users, as this webinar was intended for customers only. 

But I completely understand that this feels like an unnecessary step when you are already logged in to the Community. Unfortunately the platform we use to host our videos does not speak to our Community platform, so it doesn’t know who you are unless you tell the video. In an ideal world, if you’re a logged in customer you should never have to provide extra details in any other forms on our website, in Community, or anywhere else. We’re working on it!

Hi Sam (and Max), that’s a very fair question. We ask for details on most of our webinar recordings so that we know who is watching and also in this particular case, so that we can keep the viewers to existing Karbon users, as this webinar was intended for customers only. 

But I completely understand that this feels like an unnecessary step when you are already logged in to the Community. Unfortunately the platform we use to host our videos does not speak to our Community platform, so it doesn’t know who you are unless you tell the video. In an ideal world, if you’re a logged in customer you should never have to provide extra details in any other forms on our website, in Community, or anywhere else. We’re working on it!

Thanks Lachlan, makes sense and sounds good!

Better watch this tonight I reckon.

This stuff is looking really cool. Well done Karbon people!

We are on the beta program for my week and I noticed that we don't have some of the functionality that Amelia showed in the presentation such as the ability to collapse and expand status sections and card preview overlays. Will this be coming to us soon?

We are on the beta program for my week and I noticed that we don't have some of the functionality that Amelia showed in the presentation such as the ability to collapse and expand status sections and card preview overlays. Will this be coming to us soon?

Ours updated this morning, but the message said that it would be rolling out over the next few weeks, so maybe you’re in a later batch?

Also, she showed and talked about some features that are still in development, like My Week for teams and the calendar feature. Both things I’m eagerly anticipating. :)

Hi David. Do you have the Overlay and collapsed sections now? You might need to do a hard refresh for it to appear.

Hi David. Do you have the Overlay and collapsed sections now? You might need to do a hard refresh for it to appear.

Yes, it appeared this morning. Thanks Amelia.

Hi, is this the place to make suggestions for changes, tweaks and and improvements for My Week?

Hi, is this the place to make suggestions for changes, tweaks and and improvements for My Week?

There are Karbon people who read some of these comments, but I’ve heard that the product team pays the most attention to the “Have an idea” box.

Tap “Help and Feedback” on the left navigation bar of Karbon and then tap here:

The product team pays close attention to the ideas that get put through there.

Does that help?

There are Karbon people who read some of these comments, but I’ve heard that the product team pays the most attention to the “Have an idea” box.

Tap “Help and Feedback” on the left navigation bar of Karbon and then tap here:

The product team pays close attention to the ideas that get put through there.

Does that help?

Hi Max and David! Feel free to share any feedback here and I will respond. 

Thanks Amelia. here’s my wish list so far. I’ll post it in the “have and idea” section also.

Things I would like in My Week

• When sections are collapsed, I would like them to stay collapsed when the My Week page is refreshed. At the moment they revert to their expanded state.
  • When clicking on a card then on the “View Full Work Item” button it would be better for the work item to open in a new browser tab. That way you don’t have to re-open My Week after looking at the card.
  • “Working On Now” cards need to be capable of being re-ordered.
  • In Triage, it would be better to have a “Plan for this Week” in the overflow menu as well as in the detail section when you open the email. It’s not always necessary to open an email before tossing it into My Week.

Thanks Amelia. here’s my wish list so far. I’ll post it in the “have and idea” section also.

Things I would like in My Week

• When sections are collapsed, I would like them to stay collapsed when the My Week page is refreshed. At the moment they revert to their expanded state.
  • When clicking on a card then on the “View Full Work Item” button it would be better for the work item to open in a new browser tab. That way you don’t have to re-open My Week after looking at the card.
  • “Working On Now” cards need to be capable of being re-ordered.
  • In Triage, it would be better to have a “Plan for this Week” in the overflow menu as well as in the detail section when you open the email. It’s not always necessary to open an email before tossing it into My Week.

Hi David 

Great suggestions 

1. At the moment this a limitation that we’ll need to work through to get it to remain collapsed. I don’t have a timeframe for when we will look into this 
  2. I will discuss this one further with the team but if you right click on the button, it will open in a new browser (small work around)
  3. We are going to allow you to re-order the Working on Now cards. This will be out by the end of the year 
  4. Yes, we agree and we will do this, this year 

Hope that helps! 

This bugs me a little, too. If you are on a PC, hold ctrl when tapping the button and it will open in a new tab. If you are on a Mac, hold cmd to do the same thing. :)

I do this all the time in Karbon because some view settings revert on refresh.

I have a question about the way some of my team use the due dates in the To-Do Lists inside their work items. From my understanding the My Week is looking at the work as an overview, not necessarily the due dates of some of those tasks within.

Whereas we use the To-Do list to ensure we are actioning those weeks tasks on the specified due date of the week.

If you remove the To-Do list, how are you going to tackle this in My Week?

I have a question about the way some of my team use the due dates in the To-Do Lists inside their work items. From my understanding the My Week is looking at the work as an overview, not necessarily the due dates of some of those tasks within.

Whereas we use the To-Do list to ensure we are actioning those weeks tasks on the specified due date of the week.

If you remove the To-Do list, how are you going to tackle this in My Week?

Hi Sue 

In My Week, we have smart filters that tell you if you have work or tasks within the work that are ready to start, in progress, due this week, due next week or overdue. On the work card, we also display when the tasks are due so you get that visibility. This means, when you come into this week or flick through any of the other buckets, you will have visibility if anything needs to be actioned and any of the work in your list that has tasks due, will also be included. Emails and notes are also included in these filters and we will pick up the due dates on these items as well. 

The My Week function for “assigning” emails to you.  Can it be added to multiple user’s my week or is it just one like the assigning of the email?

The My Week function for “assigning” emails to you.  Can it be added to multiple user’s my week or is it just one like the assigning of the email?

Hi Daniel. Multiple people can add the same email (or note) to their My Week. You can also assign an email or note to your week even if you aren’t the assignee. 

Is it going to be possible to sort or filter by Client so we can easily see all the emails, notes, tasks relating to that one client for the week. I use this as my main sort feature in To Do so that when I have time allocated to a client I can easily see everything that needs doing.