Complete Tasks Within My Week, and more!

My Week enhancements

More clarity and flexibility within Working on Now

You now have the ability to drag and drop to reorder items within the Working on Now section of My Week. This will provide you with an additional level of prioritization and control.

And you can now also bulk-select items from multiple sections of My Week, and move them into Working on Now at one time using the options menu (...).

Plus, a more obvious border surrounding Working on Now will help you to more-easily visualize your work.

Complete tasks from the My Week overlay

Tasks can now be marked complete from within the My Week overlay. This means you don’t have to navigate away from My Week when checking off your tasks.

Attachment reminder

How often have you sent an email that referred to an attached file, only to be told later that the attachment is missing? That doesn’t need to happen anymore! Now, if you refer to an attachment in an email and press send without anything attached, you’ll be prompted with a reminder.

New Insights filter

In Insights, you can filter by Client Owner and Client Manager, providing you with more powerful data around your team’s performance.

Undo in Triage (EDIT Dec 21 - this undo option has been removed and will be reintroduced in the near future)

You can now quickly retrieve an item you accidentally cleared in Triage. After clearing a single item, a small option to undo your action will display in the bottom of your main menu.

Karbon Practice Intelligence

You will notice a new tab in your main menu: Intelligence. 

When it launches next year, Karbon Intelligence will provide you with the data you need to guide your most critical firm decisions. It will help you analyze your practice data, get faster business insights, and make important decisions with confidence.

This page is where you can register your interest in Karbon Intelligence and join the waitlist to be the first to receive any news and developments.

How cool are those My Week updates? To the comments! Which will you use more? Ordering items in the “Working on Now” area, or completing tasks from the work overlay without visiting the work item itself?

Oh yeah! Great updates 👏🏾

drag and drop within the Working on Now section of My Week - big yes!

bulk-select items and move them into Working on Now - awesome, that was definitely missing!

Attachment reminder - fantastic, it’s a great feature!

Undo in Triage - very useful!

Being able to check off tasks and reorder Working on Now are great improvements! 

Lol

Times requested undo clear: 0

Most exciting update: Undo clear

Really great update on all, but undoing clear will save me so much time. I am continually clearing items and forgetting to add them to their work. So much so that I sometimes set time aside to go through my cleared and attach things to work. Absolutely love this new feature.

Love these enhancements!  All of them.

Excellent improvements! Prioritizing working on now is a step forward for My Week. Attachment reminder is really cool, saving me a lot of future embarrassment. Undo in triage is a real time saver. 

Count me in for Karbon Intelligence!

Whoop attachment reminder is a lifesaver  Great updates all round, thanks Karbon!

I really wish there was an option to bulk delete in triage for emails, as well as to clear. I get a lot of email that I don’t want to keep in my archive at all and it fills it up so much. I have to clear up my email in outlook first so that I can remove rubbish email and not have it filling up my outlook archive box, even though these still end up in my cleared section in Karbon. I know I can go into each item in Karbon and delete, but that’s too time consuming.

Awesome update, thank you.

Being able to re-order Working on now is so appreciated, just one more level of organization to help me and my team stay on top of things.

And checking off tasks directly from My Week, so satisfying.

Now to go try out the other updates!

Amazing, loving My Week! :)

Great job Karbon!  I’m looking forward to being able to drag and drop the Working on Now tasks.

I really wish there was an option to bulk delete in triage for emails, as well as to clear. I get a lot of email that I don’t want to keep in my archive at all and it fills it up so much. I have to clear up my email in outlook first so that I can remove rubbish email and not have it filling up my outlook archive box, even though these still end up in my cleared section in Karbon. I know I can go into each item in Karbon and delete, but that’s too time consuming.

Hi @Sarah Taylor !

I’m curious if you use the Low Priority feature? It might help you here. 

You can also setup rules in Outlook that allow Triage to skip certain items. 

@evanrnhall I received my first “did you forget to attach” reminder before.. but I hadn’t mentioned attachment/s in the body of my email. I was replying to a reply to an email that had an attachment (and mentioned it), is it currently alerting for earlier emails in the chain that are not currently part of the specific email I am sending?

@evanrnhall I received my first “did you forget to attach” reminder before.. but I hadn’t mentioned attachment/s in the body of my email. I was replying to a reply to an email that had an attachment (and mentioned it), is it currently alerting for earlier emails in the chain that are not currently part of the specific email I am sending?

Great call out @SamG  - at the moment it is indeed looking at the whole chain. Our engineers are working on a hotfix that will limit its scope to just the current email excluding signature. No ETA on that, but likely not long since it’s being done as a hotfix and not part of our next release cycle.

Great call out @SamG  - at the moment it is indeed looking at the whole chain. Our engineers are working on a hotfix that will limit its scope to just the current email excluding signature. No ETA on that, but likely not long since it’s being done as a hotfix and not part of our next release cycle.

Thanks Evan, noticed the email signature occurance too and team let me know fix on the way :)

Hi All - the ability to undo clearing of items in Triage was causing inconsistent experiences for some users so we have removed it for the time being. It should be back better than ever in our next release!

Nice features. But I would prefer that fixes or enhancements be put in place before working on new features. e.g. the inability to print for the work papers Client Task responses makes that feature very difficult to use. I’m limited it to simple questions/tasks for client. That’s not how this feature is marketed.

Maybe I’m the only one who finds expanding Client Task comments, taking screen snips and pasting in Word inefficient. Its more effective to email the client a table they can reply into. This is not how our firm intended to use Karbon. It devalues the whole Client Task feature.

Surely a “printer friendly” or “download to PDF” function could be developed that shows the Client Task Q&A fully expanded and lists file name of any attached documents. 

Nice features. But I would prefer that fixes or enhancements be put in place before working on new features. e.g. the inability to print for the work papers Client Task responses makes that feature very difficult to use. I’m limited it to simple questions/tasks for client. That’s not how this feature is marketed.

Maybe I’m the only one who finds expanding Client Task comments, taking screen snips and pasting in Word inefficient. Its more effective to email the client a table they can reply into. This is not how our firm intended to use Karbon. It devalues the whole Client Task feature.

Surely a “printer friendly” or “download to PDF” function could be developed that shows the Client Task Q&A fully expanded and lists file name of any attached documents. 

Thanks @Matt K for the feedback! We’ve definitely heard (and appreciate) the use case you’ve described, though no I wouldn’t say it’s as high demand as other requests we hear. Later this year we’ll be launching an area in Community for folks to present feature ideas, which I think will help everyone see the shared needs across the product. We’ve grown our development team a lot over the past year and have multiple teams at work on unrelated projects simultaneously, so don’t assume that because you see one area of Karbon being improved that other areas aren’t being tended too as well.

For your case, keep an eye out later this year on our forthcoming document management improvements, as well as the new version of the client portal. Those lay a lot of interesting foundation that potentially lead toward what you’re describing. In fact, I recommend you check out this: 

Love the improvements.  Looking forward to many new features for 2022.

Hi @evanrnhall,
The attachments reminder is still prompting at times when it shouldn’t. It’s picking up one word and suggesting I said a phrase that is 2 words. I think it should apply the criteria more strictly.

Hi @evanrnhall,
The attachments reminder is still prompting at times when it shouldn’t. It’s picking up one word and suggesting I said a phrase that is 2 words. I think it should apply the criteria more strictly.

Thanks @SamG - can you please start a support ticket either using in-app chat or email support@karbonhq.com - need to collect more details than is convenient for this Community thread.

The key thing is to figure out if the feature is acting as expected (regardless if “as expected” is the way you’d prefer it). We can then determine if it’s a “bug” or “feature request” situation. If you can provide specific examples, screenshots, etc of the emails getting false flagged that will be helpful!

Thanks @evanrnhall, I had raised a support case (replied to most recently by Jennifer) in relation to this. I have asked Jennifer to share it with you