We need your help to understand how COVID-19 has changed how accounting professionals work

• 24 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

There are many stats and opinions floating around about the future of work and how the pandemic has affected business. But the accounting industry doesn’t fit easily in a box—it needs its own focus.

So, we're conducting our own research to find out how COVID-19 has changed how accounting professionals work.

And we need your help!

Complete this 5-min survey to share your experiences and expectations for work in a post-pandemic world.

We’ll compile and share the results, highlighting changing work habits, trends and expectations, plus everything you need to know to attract and retain the best staff.

For every response received by February 4, 2022, $5 will be donated to UNICEF’s Children’s Emergency Appeal. You will also be entered into a draw to win 1 of 5 $200 Amazon or Visa gift vouchers.

If you have any questions about the survey, please let me know in the comments below (or you can reach me at jessica@karbonhq.com).

I look forward to delving into your valuable insights :wave:

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Done! 😀 I’m curious to see the aggregated results.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Max, so are we!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

One thing that was missing from the questions that we are dealing with right now is that remote workers will just drop off all their channels and we’ll find out later that they were sick. It seems like our staff is constantly depleted from different sicknesses.

Userlevel 2

That’s really interesting insight, Max. Thanks for sharing. Wonder if it’s a mixture of seasonal sickness and being burnt out/ effects of busy periods? Raises a good point in formalizing procedures for when staff are off sick for the day. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I don’t know. I went years without ever using a sick day. I think I’ve personally been unable to work because of sickness (not all COVID-related) more in the last 14 months than any time previous. My team has also struggled with increased health-related abscesses.

I’d be curious if there was an overall uptick in this KPI, excluding COVID.