Discussion: Unleashing the power of your Karbon data

• 29 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for taking time to review the webinar on Unleashing the Power of Your Karbon Data. If you missed it, you can watch it below:

In the webinar, we covered 5 aspects of Karbon’s reporting, data and future journey:

• Reporting available within Karbon including Insights, Work (kanban), Time and To-dos;
  • In-app exports to enable your own bespoke reporting;
  • Comprehensive exports for data review and bulk updates;
  • New, request-able reports for Billing, Capacity Planning, and Profitability Analyses;
  • Future of reporting with the Industry Cloud.

Questions for everyone and your thoughts:

1. What business questions would you like Karbon data to answer?
  2. What report would you like to have available to you? (e.g. Time & Billing, Capacity Planning, Profitability, Other?)

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was hoping to see that there would be a dashboard style report similar to the insights on email and work for time and budgets rather than just an excel spreadsheet download.  Are there any plans to introduce this into the product going forward?

Thanks Ian!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Daniel McGuren we are currently working on enhancing Work and Email Insights with some great additions. After that is complete, we are looking to possibly add a Time Insights module to it, but it has not been designed as of yet. We are also looking to provide comprehensive and self-service reporting via the Industry Cloud that will go into Beta sometime mid- next calendar year.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Daniel McGuren we are currently working on enhancing Work and Email Insights with some great additions. After that is complete, we are looking to possibly add a Time Insights module to it, but it has not been designed as of yet. We are also looking to provide comprehensive and self-service reporting via the Industry Cloud that will go into Beta sometime mid- next calendar year.

Thank you for replying Ian.  Will you also be able to fit in a lieu time or non-client work time facility into the time and budgets?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Daniel McGuren at this moment, it is best to create a task type for non-billable time (you might even make it more specific to the specifics like PTO). Then on an internal Contact, create a work item for Paid Time Off (PTO) and have team members log their time for each day out as a time event on that work item using that task type. That will track the time for proper reporting purposes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Ian Vacin this stuff is great. I have not played around with the API. Would you be able to tell me quickly how many data points are exposed through the API? I don’t want to spend time playing around with that if these reports are were I should be focusing my resources.

We do a lot of continuous improvement, so having the ability to make quick changes across our work items is really helpful. I had no idea that the requestable reports were so robust. I love it.