How to submit your Karbon feature idea

• 14 January 2022
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Welcome to the Feature Idea section within the Karbon Community! This is where you can suggest new ideas that will help make Karbon even better. We’re excited you’re here, and encourage you to share your ideas.

To share your idea/s with us, simply click ‘submit an idea’ and follow the prompts.

To ensure all Community members can enjoy sharing and engaging in potential feature ideas, we have some guidelines for everyone to follow.

Search first

It’s possible your idea has already been submitted, so to avoid any double ups, please search existing ideas first. You can then contribute directly to the existing conversation.

Voting and choosing feature ideas to develop next

We value all feature ideas submitted by our Community, and we read each and every request. 

But in addition to customer feedback, there are many factors that influence which features we implement. If an idea has a high number of votes, this doesn’t necessarily mean it will be added to the product roadmap. 

In the same way, if an idea has a low number of votes, this also doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t be added to the roadmap. 

But if an idea is in development, we will update the discussion thread. Keep an eye out on future release notes within the Community for improvements made to Karbon.

Contribute

The more feedback and engagement from Community members per idea, the better. If you want to vote for a feature idea, we also suggest letting us know why you think it is a great idea and how it would help you.

Reporting bugs

It’s important to note that the Feature Idea section is not the place to report bugs or system issues. 

If you have come across a bug, please let us know by clicking on the Help & Feedback section within Karbon or by reaching out to support at support@karbonhq.com

Thank you for being here and for sharing your ideas.

Click here for the Community Rules and Guidelines

35 replies

Userlevel 1

A good idea would to be be able to export Tasks to pdf, excel, word, etc.

A date field at the client level.  Not only to track start date with the firm but that date could be used to trigger contract renewal or SOW review.

Thanks!

y3p, To submit a feature request, log in to Karbon Community by clicking Help and Feedback, then Karbon Community. Once you're logged in, you're able to click on Feature Ideas in the top menu.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Kevin Umanzor and @Beth Meyer. Can you please add these as individual feature ideas so other Karbon users can vote? 

There is chance these feature ideas have already been added so I also recommend searching for them first and then voting if they exist already. 

Thank you 

Groups in Karbon:

If an entity is part of a group then any emails / notes / work for any entity in Karbon should by default be allocated to the group.  If a Group (Client) has multiple entities, then it can become frustrating to find the thread you are looking for 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Groups in Karbon:

If an entity is part of a group then any emails / notes / work for any entity in Karbon should by default be allocated to the group.  If a Group (Client) has multiple entities, then it can become frustrating to find the thread you are looking for 

Hi @Ben Gay can you please add this as a feature idea? To do this, click the ask question box at the top of the page and select ‘idea’. This means other Karbon users will be able to discuss your idea and vote. 

If Karbon could have a dark mode option like other websites do, my eyes would be thankful.

To be able to sort emails in my week so they are organised in order of priority.

If that wasnt possible is there some to type of pin/importance button that could be added?

I use Karbon mainly for project management and even though we have several work templates there is no way to identify an important email for time management or importance. If you could pin an email in my week that also pinned it to the top of the email timeline then everyone working on that client could see something quickly that is of importance instead of checking every communication for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

To be able to sort emails in my week so they are organised in order of priority.

If that wasnt possible is there some to type of pin/importance button that could be added?

I use Karbon mainly for project management and even though we have several work templates there is no way to identify an important email for time management or importance. If you could pin an email in my week that also pinned it to the top of the email timeline then everyone working on that client could see something quickly that is of importance instead of checking every communication for it.

@Victoria Beasley have you looked through the existing feature requests? I know there are several related to better organization of emails in My Week.

You can find Feature Requests in the menu at the top:

If you don’t find an existing request, you can create a new one so others can vote on it!

Would like to be able to drag and drop or copy a single task or entire task list to the "client request" section.  Right now I’m not able to move tasks between types of tasks.  Also, since I cant export a task list to Word/Excel, I have to retype the whole list.  Super bummer.

Can you add the ability to pin a note directly from the new note, rather than having to go back into the note and pin it? Or even making that pin option a little bit more accessible?

Another thought, we use the “Add a comment” option when assigning work items to others. Is there a way to convert this to a note that is on the timeline rather than subtext to the work assignment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Travis Cavanaugh that is a great idea - make sure to actually create a feature request so others can vote on it!

We record our client calls by creating a note on the clients timeline. Unfortunately, from there we aren’t able to copy the clients number or click on the client and from the contact details click on the contact number: Comes up “Phone number is not available” (like you can with an email address). 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi there. 

To add a feature request, click the top ‘ask a question’ and select idea. This will mean other users can vote and discuss the feature idea. 

Can we have assignments in date order, please

Can you add a week (M,T,W,Th,F) view in the work tab and add the to-do list in the karbon app. 

Love the ability to have “most recent” or pinned notes visible in the list work view

When you click on status from the work list view, you are taking straight to the task 

number of characters in Title Documents section expanded or expandable

Userlevel 1

If Karbon could have a dark mode option like other websites do, my eyes would be thankful.

I definitely agree with you RebekahSSB! That would be really helpful. 

Pretty please!  Most of what I do is in Dark Mode and since I started using Karbon I am getting constant headaches from the bright website.

Userlevel 1

@Helen Cabot I am sorry to hear about your headaches ☹️

Something I do is adjust my brightness and color on my screens/monitor which helps a bit but I agree, there should definitely be a dark mode option as this is available pretty consistently with other platforms. 

@Nadia Kawalilak Thank you.  I have adjusted color, brightness, gone to warmer colors, etc - it helps some, but doesn’t eliminate the problem.  

Hi Karbon Team,

Karbon recently released a fix to the download functionality in the “Documents” tab of Karbon. After the release, when downloading multiple files, they will download to the downloads folders in a Compressed (zipped) Folder. Previous to this release, when downloading multiple files they downloaded into the downloads folder as individual files.

We’d like to request, for our Karbon users, that when downloading multiple files they download into the downloads folder as individual files and NOT in a Compressed (zipped) Folder. Can the Karbon Team, for our Karbon users, revert us back to this functionality? Or is this now the normal download process for all of Karbon’s clients?

Please advise and thank you!

Luis V.

Meeting details from Teams do not import properly.

Right now the meeting details import as plain text and and the hyperlink to log into the meeting doesn’t work its plain text, for each meeting i have to open the invite attached which launches outlook and then i am able to clink on the meeting link to join in. 

Should be an easy fix.