New to the community? Introduce yourself here!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Welcome to the Community! 

We’d love to get to know you a better, so please introduce yourself! Here are somethings you can add to your introduction: 

• Your Name
  • What you do
  • Favorite aspect of your job
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work 
  • Fun fact about yourself

Reply with a quick introduction so we can get to know you better! :blush:

100 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Your Name -- Johann Goree
  • What you do -- Group Managing Director of the OnPoint Accounting Group based in Scotland, UK
  • Favorite aspect of your job -- seeing our clients love their business and our team love there jobs. Also love being on podcasts, filmed for marketing etc
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work  -- Gardening and eating out
  • Fun fact about yourself -- Im a Chartered Manager and love leading teams and people. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Welcome to the community @Johann Goree! 😀

Badge

Hi everyone. My name is Linda Strauss. I am the practice manager of a small (but growing) accounting  firm in Johannesburg, South Africa

My favourite aspect of my job is without a doubt making a difference and being able to give people peace of mind. I am very organised and thrive on achieving the goals I set for myself. I am very focused on development and helping people grow, individually and in a team. 

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I love entertaining and being creative with food and table settings. 

Fun fact….hmmmm... tough one. I’m trying to learn French. It’s a slow process :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @Linda Strauss! Welcome to the community. 😀

Userlevel 1
  • Your Name → Adolfo Marquez
  • What you do → I’m the marketing manager for MBS Accountancy. I spend my days thinking, planning, and creating social posts, articles, SEO plans, SEO audits, etc.
  • Favorite aspect of your job: I love getting paid to learn. I have an insatiable curiosity about, well, anything. IMO, marketing ideas are everywhere. 
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work: Delete and re-install twitter on my phone
  • Fun fact about yourself: I’m Mexican but enjoy Chinese food over Mexican cuisine. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @Adolfo Marquez,

Welcome to the Karbon community! I’m eager to see your comments on some of the marketing-related posts here. I am still trying to figure out how to successfully market bookkeeping services, lol.

See you around the community. 😀

• Your Name - Norine Cantor
  • What you do- Client Operations  Manger
  • Favorite aspect of your job - Learning new things and helping clients
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work - Watching college Football Roll Tide, and collecting cows 
  • Fun fact about yourself - Someday I will have a farm with Miniature cows  and open a business called cow cuddling.
  • What you do- Client Operations  Manger @ Integrated  Accounting Advisors, GA
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work - Watching college Football Roll Tide, and collecting cows 
  • Fun fact about yourself - Someday I will have a farm with Miniature cows  and open a business called cow cuddling.

Always keep learning. You cannot have wisdom without knowledge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Welcome @Norine Cantor!

• What you do- Client Operations  Manger

You’re in the right place here on the community. There are some excellent sources here.

Probably the most unique thing I’ve seen in the community so far! 😀

Badge

Hello Everyone! 

• Your Name: Taylor Verni
  • What you do: Office Manager of Palm Beach Accounting
  • Favorite aspect of your job: Being able to help my team members and clients.
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work: Orange Theory, Traveling, Spend time with my family and dogs.
  • Fun fact about yourself: Currently learning to speak Italian :)

Here is my linked in if you’d like to add me there;

https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylor-verni-080099149/

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello Everyone! 

• Your Name: Taylor Verni
  • What you do: Office Manager of Palm Beach Accounting
  • Favorite aspect of your job: Being able to help my team members and clients.
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work: Orange Theory, Traveling, Spend time with my family and dogs.
  • Fun fact about yourself: Currently learning to speak Italian :)

Here is my linked in if you’d like to add me there;

https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylor-verni-080099149/

Welcome to the Karbon community, @Taylor Verni!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone! 👋🏻 I’ve been active in the community for awhile now, but realized I never posted an intro!

I’m Rebecca, and I’m a Kiwi living in Canada! I’m the Learning & Development Lead at Enkel - a back office firm specializing in almost everything except year-end accounting!

I’m a high school business/accounting/economics teacher by trade, so I’m loving getting back to my education roots in this L&D role!

When I’m not working, I’m usually either 🏃🏻‍♀️ running or 📖 reading! I’m not a very fast runner, and I don’t get very far these days, but shiny race medals 🏅 keep me motivated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi everyone! 👋🏻 I’ve been active in the community for awhile now, but realized I never posted an intro!

I’m Rebecca, and I’m a Kiwi living in Canada! I’m the Learning & Development Lead at Enkel - a back office firm specializing in almost everything except year-end accounting!

I’m a high school business/accounting/economics teacher by trade, so I’m loving getting back to my education roots in this L&D role!

When I’m not working, I’m usually either 🏃🏻‍♀️ running or 📖 reading! I’m not a very fast runner, and I don’t get very far these days, but shiny race medals 🏅 keep me motivated!

I love your signature. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I love your signature. 😀

Thanks, @max! It’s very similar to yours haha - I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I have to keep reminding myself of this - that something doesn’t have to be perfect first time, as long as I’m always working to improve! But also nothing is ever perfect, and if we think it is then we should probably get someone else to take a look and give feedback!

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody!

I am Peter. I am a Partner with Pathway in Kitchener, Ontario Canada. I do Bookkeeping, Accounting and Payroll for a number of clients. We specialize with small businesses

I love solving problems for my clients to help them run a more profitable and streamlined business.

I am a bass player and avid gamer, both table-top and video games.

Fun fact...I am a former Microsoft MVP and was a frequent speaker on a wide variety of technology topics but was considered an expert on the mechanisms of that irritating little dialog box that would always ask you “Are you sure you want to do that?”

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello everybody!

I am Peter. I am a Partner with Pathway in Kitchener, Ontario Canada. I do Bookkeeping, Accounting and Payroll for a number of clients. We specialize with small businesses

I love solving problems for my clients to help them run a more profitable and streamlined business.

I am a bass player and avid gamer, both table-top and video games.

Fun fact...I am a former Microsoft MVP and was a frequent speaker on a wide variety of technology topics but was considered an expert on the mechanisms of that irritating little dialog box that would always ask you “Are you sure you want to do that?”

Welcome to the Karbon community, @Peter Piluk! 😀

Hello fellow Karbon based life forms

• Donovan Thiessen
  • Help business owners sleep at night
  • I can afford a vacation
  • Classical guitar
  • I’ve met and rubbed shoulders with some of the very best guitar players of all time. Several on the various Top 10 of all lists

We are new to Karbon and to this Community. I am in Las Vegas. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello fellow Karbon based life forms

• Donovan Thiessen
  • Help business owners sleep at night
  • I can afford a vacation
  • Classical guitar
  • I’ve met and rubbed shoulders with some of the very best guitar players of all time. Several on the various Top 10 of all lists

We are new to Karbon and to this Community. I am in Las Vegas. 

Welcome to the Karbon Community, @Donovan Thiessen! 😁

Userlevel 1

Hello, everyone.  I’m Kim Nixon, Director of Operations for Peters, Johnson, Staley & Co. CPAs.  I run the day-to-day operations of our accounting firm.  I like having my hands in every corner of the business.  It keeps my job interesting and every day I deal with something new.  My favorite hobby is reading fiction.  I also really love DIY, home improvement everything.  I watch HGTV and am constantly fixing stuff around the house.  My favorite show is This Old House.  Nice to meet you all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello, everyone.  I’m Kim Nixon, Director of Operations for Peters, Johnson, Staley & Co. CPAs.  I run the day-to-day operations of our accounting firm.  I like having my hands in every corner of the business.  It keeps my job interesting and every day I deal with something new.  My favorite hobby is reading fiction.  I also really love DIY, home improvement everything.  I watch HGTV and am constantly fixing stuff around the house.  My favorite show is This Old House.  Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, @Kim Nixon! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone

Name - Adam Frampton

What I do - Technical Partner at Thrive Bookkeeping, Business Coach, tell dad jokes

Favorite aspect of my job - helping our clients create their optimum work life balance

Hobbies - playing poker, telling dad jokes, eating asian food, enjoying the Sunshine Coast Australia

Fun fact - I am a fully recovered accountant - why is that fun I hear you ask!  Because it’s great for accountants to know that there is life afterwards and there is an eventual escape 🤣 Unicorns and recovering from accountancy, each as elusive as the other! (I didn’t say my jokes were good!)

We at Thrive will definitely need some support getting Karbon rocking in our practice, so I look forward to contributing and engaging with you fine people.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi everyone

Name - Adam Frampton

What I do - Technical Partner at Thrive Bookkeeping, Business Coach, tell dad jokes

Favorite aspect of my job - helping our clients create their optimum work life balance

Hobbies - playing poker, telling dad jokes, eating asian food, enjoying the Sunshine Coast Australia

Fun fact - I am a fully recovered accountant - why is that fun I hear you ask!  Because it’s great for accountants to know that there is life afterwards and there is an eventual escape 🤣 Unicorns and recovering from accountancy, each as elusive as the other! (I didn’t say my jokes were good!)

We at Thrive will definitely need some support getting Karbon rocking in our practice, so I look forward to contributing and engaging with you fine people.

Welcome @Adam Frampton! 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • My name is Lauren
  • I am an administrator for Burgundy Bookkeeping located in Los Angeles California 
  • I love being able to help the wonderful people I work with stay on top of things and accomplish their tasks with ease
  • I work with donkeys in my spare time  
  • I am an actor and ballerina, and own a theatre company

Hello folks!

• My name is Tim  Scullion
  • I am the Customer Experience Manager for GrowthLab Financial
  • Favorite aspect of my job would be the potential for fast-paced problem solving
  • My favorite hobby outside of work is gardening! 
  • I have well over 100 house plants, 9 raised garden beds, and 5 fish tanks. 

Welcome to the Community! 

We’d love to get to know you a better, so please introduce yourself! Here are somethings you can add to your introduction: 

• Your Name
  • What you do
  • Favorite aspect of your job
  • Favorite hobby to do outside of work 
  • Fun fact about yourself

Reply with a quick introduction so we can get to know you better! :blush:

My name is Estella! I am an Executive Assistant and a Bookkeeper. The favorite aspect of my job is my boss. My hobbies are reading and crafting. Fun fact about me is that I am a Boyz II Men fan!