Bulk Updating Work Items From Template

• 4 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Karbon Community 

We are exploring how we can solve this feature idea - 

If this is something you would want to do, we have a question for you:

Would you expect all work schedules off the template to be updated to match the template or would you want to pick particular schedules (e.g. by client)? 

Please let me know in the comments below. Thank you! 

7 replies

Badge

Might be nice to have a section at the top of work items generated from the template, that said “would you like to add” as I can imagine new tasks would be difficult to automatically place once work had been edited. this would mean you could drag and drop to correct position or delete, the next time you were in the job. 
if you could just tick the clients you wished to add to, that would be great too. 

Yes, would be great to have the option to select all or select on a one by one basis - I imagine my use case would usually be for updating the whole template and therefore all jobs, including repeating ones that are yet to be created - but it would be nice to have the option in case we have any open jobs we want to preserve until they are completed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I would love to have the option to update all work items that have not started yet, meaning the work is created, but no task is completed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Option to choose which work items!

We create work based off the template, but there’s always some clients who have customizations that are significant enough that we just wouldn’t want them reset to the template.

It would also be good if only specific sections could be updated - for example, if I change a client task in the template, push that change out to all the equivalent client tasks in work items created from the template, but keep the rest of the work as-is.

Userlevel 2

I would love to be able to change a template then bulk update all work items that have not been started to that template.

Maybe a tick box option on the setup recurring work page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Might be nice to have a section at the top of work items generated from the template, that said “would you like to add” as I can imagine new tasks would be difficult to automatically place once work had been edited. this would mean you could drag and drop to correct position or delete, the next time you were in the job. 
if you could just tick the clients you wished to add to, that would be great too. 

So turns out I’d already left a response to this thread, but I somehow missed this comment! I like this idea of a notification at the top of each work item/section which is based on a template. Something like highlight the section a different colour and a message at the top that was like “this section has been updated in the template - do you want to update this work item?” with “accept” and “reject” buttons. Would also want a “revert” option available for a short period after if it turns out we shouldn’t actually have updated the section!