Question

Work naming

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have an issue with naming of the work and the limited option available.

I would like it to look like:

02 - Feb Bookkeeping

03- Mrz Bookkeeping

04 - April Bookkeeping

as now with only the name they’re all over the place.  for one client, it would be nice if it would be in order of the month like above

anyone has any idea how to fix that or if it’s even possible or am I just the only one who doesn’t like to options offered. 

thanks, 

Karin

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Karin 

I would recommend using a naming convention which is MMM YYYY. You will not be able to get the numeral for the month to appear before the month. Additionally, if you do not use the year in the work name, then when next year rolls around you would have the same work item name as the one for the prior year in that month. Learned that lesson the hard way. Always include the year or get ready for wholly hell in trying to find something.

For the month and year, just select it from within the dropdown in the Work Naming Convention field like you did for the MMM. It should be the choice right above it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Karin, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

The naming conventions are designed to be human readable and client-friendly. Our workpaper folders are often organized by YYYY-MM-DD Work Name, but the naming conventions doesn’t use month numbers. I think it would be nice to have the option.

If you put in a feature idea, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀

I have added a feature request for this exact issue.  Please vote for it here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Voted!