Skip to main content
Question

Work missing from 'Group' view if created by the bulk work tool.

• 22 June 2024
  • 6 replies

We’ve just started creating some bulk work for our clients and have run into (what I think is) a bug.

Using the Bulk tool, we have created a stack of EOY jobs. However when we go to the client group view to see the jobs required for a group they don’t show up.

• If we look under the Contact - Job appears.
  • If we look under the group which the client is a member of - No Job.

I’d expect that when viewing the ‘Work’ tab for a particular group that I’d see all the work items for all of the group members.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have a fix?

6 replies

I am also having this issue, but I haven’t yet found a fix. I’m also finding that even though I’ve assigned roles during the bulk job creation process, it’s not assigning them to the existing roles in the job template. Are you having this issue?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Rebecca,

I hadn’t noticed, but after testing - yes we have the same issue too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Work items can only be assigned to one client group in addition to the client. I haven’t used the bulk work tool, but if you are not designating a group when setting up the work, it won’t have a group assigned to it. Here’s a guide and video I created to show you what I mean:

Changing Client Group for a Work Item in Karbon

1. Initial Step

• Open the work item you want to change the client group for.

2. Accessing Options

• Click on the three dots located on the right side of the work item.

3. Changing Client Group

• Select "Change Client" from the options that appear.

4. Selecting Client Group

• Underneath the client box, click on "Related Client Group".

5. Adjusting the Client Group

• If the work item was created using the bulk add tool, the related client group field may show as "none".

• Manually select the correct client group for the work item.

6. Finalizing the Change

• Confirm the selection to assign the work item to the correct client group.

7. Conclusion

• While it's ideal to attach the client group during work creation, this process allows for changing the client group after the work item has been created.

Link to Loom

https://www.loom.com/share/8b3f91fdfe834540be27c47c35080197 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shaun Farrugia as Max said, this is related to how Karbon treats work for groups whether the work was created using the bulk tool or not. It’s really annoying, and is even a known issue that Karbon has a help page article about.

Here’s a feature request I made a while ago related to this and how work is filtered for groups:

https://community.karbonhq.com/ideas/if%2Dwork%2Dis%2Dassigned%2Dto%2Da%2Dclient%2Dit%2Dshould%2Dalso%2Dbe%2Dvisible%2Dfor%2Dany%2Dclient%2Dgroup%2Dthat%2Dclient%2Dbelongs%2Dto%2D573

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@max appreciate the Loom, we’ve came to the same conclusion that this is the best way to have the job add to the client group.

The work we’ve been creating in bulk is supposed to be repeating, do you think the group will stick when the repeat work is generated?

@Rebecca Williams thanks for the response, I’ve upvoted your request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The work we’ve been creating in bulk is supposed to be repeating, do you think the group will stick when the repeat work is generated?

I believe it will and would be very surprised if it didn’t.