Question

Work Filter clearing when I leave and come back (driving me CRAZY)

• 10 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

So… I am wondering if I accidentally changed a setting in Karbon. 

It used to be, when I used the filters in Karbon, let’s say I filtered by a specific client, to see all the work items for the client.  If I selected a work item to look at the details, I could go back to the work section with my filter still active (I could still see all the work for that specific client).  

NOW, when I do this, my filter disappears and I have to filter all over again, it’s frustrating and wasting so much time

Oddly, if I use one of my saved views, select a work item, look at it, and go back out to work, my filter is still there. 

It seems in the past few months, it has been like this.  But, it did this once before, and then it went back to saving my filters when I went in and out, and now it’s back to not saving the filter. 

Not sure if it’s a cache issue, or Karbon doesn’t keep the filter anymore if you go somewhere else and come back unless it’s a saved view.  But I don’t like this and hope there is a way to “get it back to normal?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have noticed inconsistency with work dashboards and filters. My experience has been that the filters revert to the saved view more often than staying.

Before the card overlay update, it was easy to ctrl + click on work to open it in a new window, but now you have to right click and “Open in new tab” to skip the overlay card.

Probably not the answer you wanted. 😕 lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have had this issue as well.  I made a saved view called “ Current Work Filter”  When I create a specific work view filter, I save it to this view.  That way it stays when I leave and come back. The next time I need a different view, I change the filters and hit SAVE.  Make sure to use SAVE and not save as.  This will replace this view with the new view.  Not a perfect solution, but it works for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have had this issue as well.  I made a saved view called “ Current Work Filter”  When I create a specific work view filter, I save it to this view.  That way it stays when I leave and come back. The next time I need a different view, I change the filters and hit SAVE.  Make sure to use SAVE and not save as.  This will replace this view with the new view.  Not a perfect solution, but it works for me.

Great suggestion @DianeK!  I will be doing this going forward for sure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thank you all, I wish the view I was in would just stay when I go in and out of work items like it used to. 

The places I get stuck, is when I am reviewing all the work for a particular client, so I have to keep filtering by that client every time I go into a work item and back out to the work view.  It’s not very efficient, but I’m not sure saving a work view per client is helpful either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I put this idea together to address the situation: