Using Karbon with response time SLAs

• 17 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Question for the community: I’m implementing a sort of response time service level agreement where certain levels of service have quicker responses. 

Has anyone implemented this in their firm?
If so, have you implemented something in Karbon to manage this? 
If so, interested in sharing? 😅

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Brian. We don’t have anything like this, but I think it’s a cool idea. I’m curious if anyone else has suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @blueprintbrian 

We don’t have a response time service level but there is an expectation based on the package the client has purchased.  

The different packages have different deadlines for the monthly work and check in cycles.  The work orders reflect these deadlines.

• Gold clients will have their bookkeeping complete and monthly reports by the 10th of the month with an advisory call around the 20th of the month. Most of our Gold clients have weekly work orders as well so response time is typically pretty quick because we are in the file throughout the month but we don’t make specific promises.
  • Silver clients will have their bookkeeping complete and monthly reports by the 20th with quarterly check in meetings.
  • Bronze client will have their bookkeeping complete and quarterly reports by the 25th of the month.
  • Annual clients are typically FIFO.

Not sure if that is what you were looking for?

V

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Victoria Peters not exactly but I appreciate the explanation nonetheless. The dates align with how we do the bookkeeping too :) 

I was more so thinking of a way to trigger something in Karbon that when a client emails who is on the gold plan and response time is same day then we get notified as a team that this is a gold plan client. 

Sort of like in softwares like Front where you can create an SLA that is tagged to any emails coming from a certain domain and that notifies the right people to action based on the SLA that client has with us. 

I hope that makes more sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Victoria Peters not exactly but I appreciate the explanation nonetheless. The dates align with how we do the bookkeeping too :) 

I was more so thinking of a way to trigger something in Karbon that when a client emails who is on the gold plan and response time is same day then we get notified as a team that this is a gold plan client. 

Sort of like in softwares like Front where you can create an SLA that is tagged to any emails coming from a certain domain and that notifies the right people to action based on the SLA that client has with us. 

I hope that makes more sense.

Ahh, I wondered if it was more complex.  

I will be watching to see what other do as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I wonder if there’s a tool that works with Office 365 that does this outside of Karbon, and if it has an API, you could have it generate a note in Karbon when the email comes in.

If you use teams, you could cut out Karbon and have the API post to a specific Teams channel with the notification, and if you’re clever, you could have it include a link to the appropriate timeline in Karbon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Interesting ideas @max. I’ll need to think about this one it seems. Thanks for the feedback.