Question

Undo automators

• 6 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We are having an issue with clients who are ticking off items on their checklist and then unticking them. The issue is the ticking off initially sets our automators to mark the work item as ready to start and the next internal task as ready to start.

When client unticks the box the work still sits on Ready to Start instead of the status reverting back.

I am having to check all our work at Ready to Start to see if the clients have done this (we have had 4 clients do this today upon sending of the checklists for their Activity Statement work.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue with clients?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We have this issue also.  I believe there is an improvement in the works to allow the automators to be reset, but I don’t think it is going to correct this issue.  We have started adding “Please do not check the task box off as completed until you have finished your task.  Checking the box lets us know you have provided the needed information”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Imbi Finlayson! 😀

You can reset automations now, but it does not reverse the action of the automation:

We have the opposite problem in our firm where clients will do tasks but not mark them off.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@max thank you, but this does not fix the issue if it doesn’t change the status of work back to where it needs to be.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Similar question if you are waiting for a client to check off tasks in their client section, are they able to do that even after marking the work item as complete?

It is difficult having an open work item you know is done, other than a client’s confirmation, sitting in overdue or even as something to work on later.