Solved

Unable to submit and confirm the TIME ENTRY.

• 4 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am not able to submit TIME entry in karbon. Below is the error that pops up and the screenshot of the same;

This date is within a locked time period. If you need to add a time entry on this date, contact your Timesheet Admin.

Kindly help!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by SamG 4 July 2023, 14:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Trevor Sunny have you submitted your this week’s timesheet by accident? 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @SamG,

yes, I did nevertheless on purpose.

Is it like once submitted it would not allow to track the time for that specific week? 

I just asked my Admin to delete and voila it’s back to normal. Seems like Karbon wants the Time approval to happen once in a week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @SamG,

yes, I did nevertheless on purpose.

Is it like once submitted it would not allow to track the time for that specific week? 

I just asked my Admin to delete and voila it’s back to normal. Seems like Karbon wants the Time approval to happen once in a week.

@Trevor Sunny yes, the Submit button submits that week’s timesheet 🙂 there isn’t daily timesheet submission in Karbon. Best to enter all time for the week and submit at the end of the week

Userlevel 1

Hi

This raises an interesting issue re billing - we bill on a time basis and are used to approving time on a daily basis so that we can bill every day or when a job is complete.

Currently billing is in Practice CS - is there a work around in Karbon so you are not having to wait a week to send a bill?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Currently billing is in Practice CS - is there a work around in Karbon so you are not having to wait a week to send a bill?

@David Campbell you can raise a bill in Karbon any day of the week and include all time 🙂 time entries that are included in a bill are locked 🔒 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@SamG, thanks a ton.👍