Solved

Trouble with support

• 11 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 1112 replies

In general, Support has been excellent at Karbon and is one of the deciding factors that’s pushing us to make the switch, however I have run into a snag and I’m wondering if anyone has a way around this issue.

I’ve contacted support about emails that come through Karbon without the attachment. The attachment is in Outlook, and when I forward the email to myself, the attachment comes through to Karbon, so something strange is stipping out the attachment that’s originally getting sent.

I contacted support and got escalated to the engineers, one of which asked me several questions and asked for screenshots from outlook and Karbon, etc. I sent everything in and it was a week since I heard from her, so I sent a new message in the chat. It’s been another week with no reply. As of today, the last time I heard from the engineer was February 14th.. almost a month ago. I sent in a new message through the support chat and was told that the support person would get an update for me (no update yet), then a couple days later (today) the ticket closed and I was asked how I felt about the conversation.

I’ve never had an issue get dropped like this before. Is this an anomaly or the status quo after we are through the onboarding process?

icon

Best answer by max 16 March 2021, 02:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @max I’m very sorry to hear that your experience with our support team has not been a positive one, you definitely shouldn’t not wait for a simple follow up. I will be reaching out to our support team to advise and retrain them on how to better serve our customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thank you Erin, and there is no reason to apologize. I’m a huge proponent of continuous improvement, so as long as we are moving in the right direction, I’m happy. I appreciate the reply. As of now I have been contacted about the problem and there’s a new engineer working on the ticket who seems to understand the problem. I will update with progress here if anyone is interested.

In general, I love Karbon and the support you all provide. It’s why I am continuing our firm’s journey over to Karbon from another platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As of now I have been contacted about the problem and there’s a new engineer working on the ticket who seems to understand the problem. I will update with progress here if anyone is interested.

What did you find out here Max? I had the issue happen once and likewise it wasn’t a satisfactory support experience initially, this was followed up and resolved, yet we never got to the bottom of what the issue was that caused the concerning glitch..

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

HI @SamG, this was a long time ago, so I’m struggling to remember the situation, but I believe that it related to the Karbon <> QBT <> QBO sync and all the issues that came up from there.

I don’t have an official answer about why my particular ticket was dropped, but I think it is because there isn’t, or wasn’t, a defined way to handle unique customer issues.

My understanding is that

1. Front-line support is currently outsourced (with a plan to move them in-house). I have had great experiences from them.
  2. The second tier is a small in-house Karbon team, which has been expanding. My perception is that they are going through growing pains where some issues are handled really well and quickly while others get dropped because of a lack of knowledge and the need for further escalation.
  3. Third tier seems to be basically production engineers, so getting on their schedule can be difficult, but when I’ve spoken with them, they know exactly what’s going on because they are actively developing or maintaining the system in question. They have always been very helpful and offer access to continual communication.

No other company has ever offered to have me do a zoom call with a production engineer related to my issue, so even though the path can be clunky, Karbon’s intention is clearly to help their clients at an extraordinary level.

I believe the Karbon is proactively systematizing the support system to remove the clunkiness which still exists in certain situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @max 

The issue I was referring to was this one here: I’ve contacted support about emails that come through Karbon without the attachment. Which I assume wasn't related to QBO/QBT

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Oh, lol, didn’t read my own post.

Yes, all attachments flow through as expected now. Sometimes we get voicemails that come through as emails and there was some issue that was breaking the attachment system, but they fixed it right away once I got on the line with someone.