Question

Triage and who can see timeline

• 10 October 2022
  • 2 replies

I sometimes have clients emailing me attaching my staff on items I do not want them to be aware of. Or colleague will comment me on something and then they see my conversation with a client and I am unable to remove them from seeing the timeline. It would be helpful to be able to remove people from timeline without necessarily creating a separate new email. Is this possible?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If a client cc’s team members you don’t want part of the conversation, you don’t have much control of that other than to forward the email to yourself and respond from that forward.

To add to this suggestion, instead of forwarding to yourself then replying, you can just reply to ONLY the people you need to include. If you’ve removed a Karbon user, it will ask if you want to create a new thread. There will be a link to the new email, but it will just give an error if clicked by user without permission to see the new thread. As @Terri Warren noted, this then depends on the privacy settings of the client to which the new thread gets tagged.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The best advice I could give you to protect the timeline is to make the contact private. That would prevent the rest of the team from seeing the remaining items on the timeline.

https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/2848946-overview-of-privacy

Karbon was built for transparency and very helpful in that way. But provides privacy solutions.

I created “teams” in the colleagues settings for certain orgs/person contacts that I want only a specific team to see all the info and I add them to the client team. You can do the same for a specific work team as well.

If a client cc’s team members you don’t want part of the conversation, you don’t have much control of that other than to forward the email to yourself and respond from that forward. It removes everyone on the team except you and those you include in the forward.