Question

Time entry/reporting

• 23 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi all!   I wonder how all of you are managing to pull hours out of Karbon to use for payroll?   We use Gusto, and pay hourly, so the hours that we would have in Karbon would need to be used to feed payroll. Can you share your process or any best practices that would help us figure out the best path forward?   It would have to include “non billable” time that is not connected to a client.  Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Wendy!

Welcome to the community.

I’m working on a project that might interest you here:

The data I’m pulling from the API could easily be used to create summary reports for Gusto.

Alternatively, you could export the time here:

You’ll have to summarize that report, but it should have everything you need.

Does that help at all?

Badge

Hi,

I am just starting out in Karbon and I would like the same report for Time Entries.  The ability to run a PDF - is this possible?

I intend on using it for Payroll - but not extracting it to a software, just keeping it as the marked up time for my employee

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Keeping Balance, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

The only way I can see to do what your asking is to export the data to Excel using the little blue cloud:

From there you could format and print to PDF.

There are other more complicated ways to get the data out of Karbon and presented for PDF printing, if you’re interested in exploring the API docs.

You can also print the time page from your browser, but it doesn’t include time entry details.

Does that help at all?

Badge

Thanks for that Max - Not ideal for what I was looking for but I will have to use it as a work around for now.  Thanks so much

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Keeping Balance, I do something similar to max, but I have bi-weekly payroll dates, so I go to the Time tab, but click on “colleague utilization” and filter within the date range I need for my biweekly payroll. 

I can download that data, but it downloads it in minutes instead of hours.  Is there a way to change the download to hours @Amelia Freeman?

If you wanted to download the information for records, the other option is to select the “print” option for the browser, which looks like this if you hide the sidebar on the left.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Keeping Balance, I do something similar to max, but I have bi-weekly payroll dates, so I go to the Time tab, but click on “colleague utilization” and filter within the date range I need for my biweekly payroll. 

I can download that data, but it downloads it in minutes instead of hours.  Is there a way to change the download to hours @Amelia Freeman?

If you wanted to download the information for records, the other option is to select the “print” option for the browser, which looks like this if you hide the sidebar on the left.

Hi David. I believe you are able to change it to be hours within excel by dividing the minutes/60 to get hours. Let me know how you go. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Amelia Freeman, that’s too much work for me, lol, I would just print the screen with the hours in it if I wanted to attach those to something. 😬