Question

Task complete why do we have to move to done

• 6 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Our accountant completed all of her tasks in our monthly accounting task, she clicked off on all of them then realized the still show as incomplete because she has to do the additional task of moving them to done.  This doesn’t seem to make sense.  Is there a setting where we can change it so when the task if checked off in our monthly accounting work that it is automatically moved to done?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Dan Yamamoto! 😀

Are you talking about My Week or the work item?

If you are referring to My Week, then you are out of luck. My Week is a manual work organization and communication tool. I can think of a few use-cases where I have a work item in My Week that someone else is working and will finish, but I need to take some action based on it (maybe billing, or a phone call to the client to go over the finished work item).

If you’d like to suggest a change to this process, add a feature idea and link it below so others can vote on it. 😀

If you are referring to the work item, you can turn on the global automation that moves work to Completed status once all the tasks are completed.

Settings > Workflow > Automators:

Alternatively, you can use an automation within a work item to change the status of the work to Completed if all the tasks in a particular section are completed.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

One of the features in my week is that you can bulk select and mark as done - so I tend to do this daily, rather than per task.

I may adapt when this changes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Could you show a screen shot of what you are describing @carol

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Dan Yamamoto! 😀

Are you talking about My Week or the work item?

If you are referring to My Week, then you are out of luck. My Week is a manual work organization and communication tool. I can think of a few use-cases where I have a work item in My Week that someone else is working and will finish, but I need to take some action based on it (maybe billing, or a phone call to the client to go over the finished work item).

If you’d like to suggest a change to this process, add a feature idea and link it below so others can vote on it. 😀

Hi @Dan Yamamoto 

You can actually go ahead and vote on this feature idea, we have the same struggle at our firm.

As @Coral mentioned the bulk action feature mitigates the issue

My screenshot skills are meh but here goes

1. Check the box to bulk select the full section, in this case it is the work that is completed
  2. Chose the three dot drop down menu
  3. Click on Move to Done

Hope that helps,

V

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Any screenshot is fire compared to a prose explanation. 😀

Userlevel 2

It would also be great if you could select multiple task & mark them as “cancelled” or “Complete” before you move to “Done.”  Then any duplicated repeating task could be cleared to “Done” & not stay hanging out as “incomplete” work.!!!  Today is 8/23 & older weeks have been completed. These need to be removed, but moving to “done” does not automatically “cancel or complete” my assigned task.