Solved

Task assigned to someone else

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I’m looking for a best practice clearing my triage.  Tasks that are part of a recurring work and assigned to a colleague will come to me for questions.  I can’t assign it to myself, nor add to my week and end up keeping these questions in my triage until I can address them.  Is there a better way to handle this situation? 

icon

Best answer by Rebecca Williams 7 December 2022, 19:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I always create a note on the client or work’s Timeline. I can then assign the note to myself and add to My Week.  This will allow you to clear it from your Triage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I work through my triage every day. I either do the task, delegate, or put in My Week. There are too many places to hold on to things and I decided a while ago that Triage was not the best place to keep things, lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@crow33 for these situations where it’s a question on a task assigned to someone else, I’d suggest one of the following (similar to @DianeK’s suggestion):

• The person with a question creates a Note in the timeline with details and assigns this to you instead of tagging in a comment
    OR
  • When someone tags you with a question, you create the Note yourself

Additional details:

• A link to the task can be added in the note (in the 3 dot menu in the task, select “copy task link”)
  • The note can then be added to MyWeek for completing
  • It could be pinned to the timeline as well so it shows in the popup cards
  • A link to the note could be added into a comment in the task as well if you wanted that connection (same for tasks, 3 dot menu and select “copy note link”)
  • If it is repeating work, the note can also be added to future instances in case the same/similar question comes up again
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I work through my triage every day. I either do the task, delegate, or put in My Week. There are too many places to hold on to things and I decided a while ago that Triage was not the best place to keep things, lol.

Man, I feel like I LIVE in my Triage, no matter how much I clear out and send to My Week or create/attach to work items for when I need them.  Feels like I hardly get things done because I’m always clearing out my Triage.  

Maybe I just need to delegate better, lol… but seriously though! 😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It is tough, and I don’t get all the way through every day, but that’s usually a sign that I’m over extended. Some people in my office like working from triage, though. It can work alright.