Skip to main content

Just a thought but we have lots of clients on different software that they use to do their books like Quickbooks, Xero and some old school like spreadsheets, paper records etc. Would it please be possible to pass onto your team to see if they would add on a field where we could add what software the client uses. This is extremely useful when I’m chasing a client as if they use Xero I only need a few documents whereby if I knew they used spreadsheets, I need a lot of backup paperwork for that. Thanks

Hi @Lynne Baker, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

There are several conversations about custom fields in the community. Here’s a quick search:

https://community.karbonhq.com/search?q=custom%20fields&source%5B0%5D=community

I’d love for you to jump into those conversations and share your perspective, especially in the feature ideas in the list. The developers look at every feature idea and use the community extensively to make development decisions.

@Lynne Baker We use the Details tab of the Client contact screen for this type of information. Once there scroll down to accounting details, click All accounting details and you will find a few different sections which have places to enter information. For type of software we use the Systems section and put the application in the Revenue or Expenses fields (e.g. QBO, Excel, etc.).

Additionally, our client workflows contain this information as well. The first section of a workflow is called Background Information. Within here we document a host of items the team member will need to know as well as link to locations where a client Policies & Procedures document exits, etc.