Question

SharePoint

• 3 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are there any plans to connect Sharepoint to the document manager? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @jadedonno, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

You can connect to Sharepoint through the OneDrive connections. Once you connect, you’ll see all your Sharepoint document libraries. Your individual OneDrive folder is listed as one of your document libraries.

Does that help at all?

I have this issue as well.  My onedrive folders are listed, but for an employee nothing comes up.  Is this an issue on the onedrive side.  If she logs into onedrive/sharepoint directly she has access.

@max I have this issue as well.  My onedrive folders are listed, but for an employee nothing comes up.  Is this an issue on the onedrive side.  If she logs into onedrive/sharepoint directly she has access.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@max I have this issue as well.  My onedrive folders are listed, but for an employee nothing comes up.  Is this an issue on the onedrive side.  If she logs into onedrive/sharepoint directly she has access.

Has your employee linked the SharePoint folder to their OneDrive?

Or are they accessing the SharePoint folder directly through Sharepoint?

I don't think if someone only has access to a SharePoint document library, that it will show up in the OneDrive integration. I think they need to actually connect the SharePoint library to their OneDrive by adding a link, being an owner, or being a member. I’m not sure.

@Aaron Kwan do you have some more information on what’s required for a SharePoint folder to show up in the OneDrive connection? Does the person just need to be a member? Do they need to be an owner? Does it show up if they have a link to the SharePoint directory in their OneDrive?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@max @Paula M Hart We have our SharePoint linked as Max showed above in the screenshot and that seems to work for all our team who has been testing this so far.

Hi @max @Paula M Hart 

Team members needs to be a site member (not owner) of a SharePoint site to access it in Karbon. This is unless it's a public group site.

Please note we do sometimes find that desktop shortcuts to SharePoint folders are renamed to something different to the original folder name in SharePoint (which is what Karbon can display). This could cause confusion when looking up the folder in Karbon. 

Paula - if you continue to experience this issue, please feel free to raise a support ticket and address/mention me.