Question

separate jobs under the same client

• 2 August 2023
  • 5 replies

How can I set up multiple jobs under a client with their own work flow. I need to track the work completed under each individual job.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Peggy Pastore Hi Peggy. When you go to your client and select Add Work, you would add the work item for that specific work. Just repeat this for each type of work you have for the client. See image below of my firm (Also setup as a client) as an example. Hopefully I am understanding your question correctly.

I have a contractor with separate jobs (houses). I need to track bookkeeping work for each job under this client. How can I do this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Peggy Pastore I could see a couple different ways. Like the image I included above, where each work item would be specific to the bookkeeping for each house. For example, June 2023 Bookkeeping House 1, June 2023 Bookkeeping House 2, etc.

Another option would be to make each House a separate client. You could then include each house/client into a Group with your parent client and have jobs at the client/house level with the ability to see all work within the Group. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Peggy Pastore if you use the second option that @LD7E suggestion (creating separate clients and a group), when you create work, you can choose to also connect the work to a group as well as the contact. If you don’t connect the work to the group, it won’t show in work views.

Check out this support article for a more detailed explanation:

https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/2765900-why-is-there-a-work-item-missing-under-a-client-group

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

One other consideration would be to change the “bill to” setting of the “house” clients to point to the main client so billing is easier. This is a relatively new feature, and I haven’t seen help articles related to it yet, but I may have missed them.

@Peggy Pastore, it sounds like you’re doing job costing for your contractor client, is that right?