Question

Sending payslips to employees

• 29 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to send pay slips to both the admin of an organization each month, and individually to each employee. We send pay slips as attachments to client requests. 

Please can someone tell me - do I 

1. create the contact for each employee as part of the organization
  2. create the employees as individuals, not connected to the organisation?

I don’t want the employees to be able to access the clients account. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Alex Smith, welcome to the Karbon community. 😀

Client requests are accessible by the email to which they were sent, so there’s no danger of adding the person contacts to the organization. There is no concept of organization access to client tasks.

For simplicity and clarity, I recommend adding each person as a contact to the organization. Otherwise, things start to get confusing.

Is that more confusing? Lol.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response! OK - so - I set up each employee as a staff contact under the organization and all they will receive is the request to see their own document and nothing else? Correct? I know that's what you said but I REALLY don’t want to get this wrong!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, you are correct. I cannot find the article that discusses it, so maybe someone else can help me out and post it here. 😀

Client requests are tied to the receiver’s email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Alex Smith which payroll/accounting software do you use? Most are able to send the payslips directly from the software to the employees (individually), and allow you to download all to send to the admin. It would be far more efficient and easier for you (and likely them) to use that functionality if it exists in the software you use, I would think 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Great point, @SamG.

Userlevel 1

Sadly it cannot be encrypted when sent through our payroll software, (Moneysoft Payroll) so we are doing it this way instead. It's a good point though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alex Smith you could test this by setting yourself up as a contact using a personal email address first - that way you can experience it from the employee’s perspective. You could then also use that to create a video or instructions for the employees in case they have questions/trouble access.