Send from Different Email Addresses

• 15 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Sometimes my team and I need to send an email using a team email address to email our clients instead of our own email addresses.  Can we send an email from a team email address in Karbon?  

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Wayne Cecil

We would love this and have wondered if this would ever be available in Karbon. I did not see anything in the Feature Ideas (although I might be missing something), so I’d suggest it there. If so, post a link here and I’ll go vote for it! :)

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the idea.  I just posted it.  Here is the link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I believe this is on the Roadmap with shared Triage but it hit a bump along the way.  I have voted for the feature request, I see use cases for it often.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Wayne Cecil Welcome to the Karbon Community!

Quick question to clarify what you are hoping to accomplish - are you wanting to send emails from an alias or another email account?

Karbon does already support the ability to add aliases to a colleagues account so that you can send an email from that address. You have to reach out to Karbon to connect those aliases to your Karbon account, but after it’s set up, you’ll have the ability to select the ‘From’ address when sending an email. 

Here’s what it looks like for me:

Here are the details on how to set that up: Select Email to Send From

Userlevel 2

@jens Yes, that is what I’m needing to be able to do.  Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

same! And I thought I had asked about this a while ago (not sure who from Karbon I was talking to) and it wasn’t possible. Thanks @jens for sharing this info!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks @Wayne Cecil and @Kim Clemmer . Glad that was helpful.

You can also have an alias set as your default sending address. We went through a rebrand not long ago and instead of switching our Karbon account over to the new domain, we simply added aliases with the new domain ending. Pretty slick!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We use team email addresses. I sent the information through support chat, and they set it up on back end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I will be telling the team about this feature.  It could be quite useful.