Question

Repeating work - timing of creating work and tasks

• 26 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi - When creating repeating work the Work Creation options are 1 day before start date or 1 week before start date.  Does anyone know how to make that some where between that ie 2, 3, 4 etc days?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Karelle Berry The work creation schedule is limited to what is offered in the drop down menu at this time. Hopefully at some point there will be more options to choose from.

I use a mix of different options depending on how often the work repeats. I prefer not having more than one month of work created at a time (e.g. 4 weekly items, 1 monthly item, etc) and create the tasks as close to the actual start date as possible to ensure any changes in the prior item are automatically picked up rather than having to reset the work. Does not help with the actual question you posed, just what I have found to work well with the options provided.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Karelle Berry, welcome to the Karbon community!

If you put in a feature idea for customizable work creation timeframes, comment the link here and I will vote for it. 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Karelle Berry - agree with @max! If you put in a feature request, I will vote for it as well! I struggle with this same issue quite often with our payroll work items. Having some additional flexibility would be a game changer!

Thanks @Kim Clemmer @max @LD7E   I appreciate the ideas and support.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Voted. 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

voted! 😉