Question

Repeating notes

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I would like the ability to pin a note to a work timeline that actually repeats along with the repeating work schedule. This would be useful for a background note for the work that doesn’t change, not actually a task.

Does anyone else feel like this would be useful and do you have a workaround?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I love this idea!  Can you add this as a Feature Idea in the Feature Idea section from the menu bar at the top?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great idea @Imbi Finlayson we would make use of this

We do have a couple of work arounds.

1. We have pinned notes on the main timeline for each contact.  These are created when we Onboard and revisited each time we re-engage.  It is part of our monthly process to read over these notes and any added comments before we start the work.
  2. If there is information that should be carried forward in the work we have included it in the Description box of a task - not exactly what I think you are looking for but it has proved useful for us.

I wonder if you could create a task section - Read this first and post the ‘note’ in the description box like we do in #2 above?  

Hope that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  1. If there is information that should be carried forward in the work we have included it in the Description box of a task - not exactly what I think you are looking for but it has proved useful for us.

This is what we do as well. We have a task at the top have some work items called general information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

We do exactly what @max and @Victoria Peters mentioned - the top section of the task list in our repeating work items is labeled Notes. The ‘tasks’ in that section include information about the client and/or the repeating work. The one downfall of that workaround is that those ‘tasks’ also have to be checked off in order for the work item to be completed.