Question

Repeating Monthly Task

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

OH I can’t believe I can’t figure this out.  I setup a monthly task from a template called give it a name of “TPT Filing April 2022”  The dates are May 1 to May 20

When I do the repeating I see the following:

I select repeating period 

so it looks like this:

But the repeat preview always shows “TPT Filing June 2022” with due dates in June.  The next one should be May I don’t know how to fix this?

Can anyone help?

I am sure this is easy :)

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto Have you tried creating the repeating work and then looking at the repeat work list on the work tab in the repeating work editor to see what has been created? I find that the first work item in the series doesn’t show up in the repeat preview. However, it should show in the list of work that is created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Dan Yamamoto   If I am reading this right I think the piece you are missing is that you want the Repeat Period to be on the Previous period

This way when you April with May start and due dates, May will have June start and due dates.

Hope that helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Dan Yamamoto

@Victoria Peters is 100% right about the using the previous repeat period in your naming convention. Then the first item in the preview list will be named May 2022 starting June 1 due June 20. 

However, the first work item in the series will be April 2022 starting May 1 due May 20 when you look at the work tab after creating the repeat schedule.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you all for helping solve this for me.  It’s all setup now!

@Victoria Peters  @jens