Solved

remove a contact from email autofill

• 7 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to stop an email address from autopopulating?  

When I type “Troy” in the “To” field of a new email, two different Troys pop up .  I want to remove one and stop it from autosuggesting. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Kim Clemmer 7 June 2023, 14:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Rachel_Smith You are not alone in trying to figure this out.  I’m really hoping someone has a good answer!  In my case, I incorrectly spelled a team member’s email and now it suggests it as the first option every time I send her an email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

When creating the email, hover over the incorrect email address in the pop-up and you should see an ‘x’ appear on the right. If you click ‘x’ that should remove it from your Karbon, and you should no longer see this suggestion pop-up. In the instance where you want to remove it from your entire team’s history, I always send Karbon support a message with the email address asking them to remove it from everyone’s history.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks@Kim Clemmer.  That worked!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

you’re welcome @BrooksW! Glad that worked for you 😁

I’m trying this suggestion but there is no X when I hover over the incorrect email address.  So what is my next option?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Jana Roberts! My experience is that there is no ‘x’ when hovering if that contact is still attached to a contact card within Karbon. You would want to remove it from any saved contact card first. Does that help?